Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Test drove a brand new 07 SRT-8 cherokee today...I thought it would be a little more practical than my V ...
    Poopie D is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4

Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee...

Test drove a brand new 07 SRT-8 cherokee today...I thought it would be a little more practical than my V for my kids. Here are my thoughts:

Very dissapointed! I expected so much more from this vehicle. The fit and finish was horrible with no real special accents that you would expect from a specialty vehicle. In a nutshell, my likes and dislikes:

Disliked:

- Cheap feeling plastic EVREYWHERE! You guys complain about our interior! Cheap feeling steering wheel, shifter, e brake and plastic door handles. Even the seat inserts felt cheap. Piller handles had poor fitting screw covers that came off while I drove.

- No special interior special touches like srt-8 door sills or badging

- Rough ride

- Top heavy, mushy handling was not even close to my V with fg2

- Auto trans did not really make for any fun...power was there but did not give the same rush as my V.

- $4000 Gas Guzzler tax (new to Canada this year!)

Liked:

- Exterior looks/styling

- Supportive seats

- Bluetooth, Back up camera, rear DVD and overall electronic options

All in all, I left the dealership very happy with my V and enjoyed the 40 minute drive home! I understand that they are very different vehicles but I still expected more than what I saw. If you had to get a SUV, it may be an OK choice but to replace the V, z06 or any other performance car would be a no go imho!

P.S. They only offered me $23,000 for my 05 with 24,000 miles on it against a price of $62,000 (cdn, tax incl) for the Cherokee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Platinum CTS-V

Re: Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee...

Quote Originally Posted by Poopie D View Post

P.S. They only offered me $23,000 for my 05 with 24,000 miles on it against a price of $62,000 (cdn, tax incl) for the Cherokee!
    That would have been about the time I said HA nice try.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Yeah, they're actually quite good vehicles, but you hit the nail on the head with one thing...the interior quality, and even looks, as with so many current Chrysler products, is AWFUL.

If they improved just one thing, it should be to revise the interior look and then completely re-build it out of solid, quality (some padded, some firm, nice textures and trim, etc.) materials throughout. Enough of the hard as rocks generic tupperware stuff that fits together poorly and usually makes more noise than anything else.

Otherwise, really a ran of the SRT-8...they're just cool, if honestly, a bit more than most people want to pony up for.

ryneV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Why would you be comparing the V to an SRT8 SUV? Did you really think it would handle better and accelarate better? Well, I know one thing, it will holeshot a V from light to light.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by ryneV View Post
    Why would you be comparing the V to an SRT8 SUV? Did you really think it would handle better and accelarate better? Well, I know one thing, it will holeshot a V from light to light.
    Not only that but they would give a CTS-V a run for it's money stock for stock

ryneV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Not only that but they would give a CTS-V a run for it's money stock for stock

Let's look at the price....... How does GM come up with a sticker for the V at over 50k from a regular CTS?? Old LS6 & LS2 engines, old T56, crap rear, bigger rims and brakes..... and they charge how much for all that??

I'm not defending Mopar, but you should be comparing a SRT Charger or 300 to the V. If you do, the V loses on price vs. performance alone.

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

...I'm not defending Mopar, but you should be comparing a SRT Charger or 300 to the V. .....
    I did.

That's why I'm driving a CTS-V.

Nuff said.

Lock the thread.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

that thing is rated 12/15 mpg! I thought the V was bad at 15/23...

it might be fast, but its still an SUV. SRT=Silly Racing Truck.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Ya but, when it snows outside a good 7 inches and the plows did a lousey job, the SRT-8 G.C. is gonna get where ya wanna go, alot better & safer than the CTS-V. (Depends where ya live, though. and How badly you MUST be at work.)

not on the tires it comes with, F1 supercar I think? same as the V.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Ya but, when it snows outside a good 7 inches and the plows did a lousey job, the SRT-8 G.C. is gonna get where ya wanna go, alot better & safer than the CTS-V.
    So would an old 4WD Blazer. Whats your point?.

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    So would an old 4WD Blazer. Whats your point?.
    I believe that the point was that a blazer can't do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 12.9 second quarter mile runs and a top speed of 155mph. The Jeep SRT8 is an all weather performer with sports car performance. I believe that would be the point. A true SPORT Utility Vehicle vs. a Utility Vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    I believe that the point was that a blazer can't do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 12.9 second quarter mile runs and a top speed of 155mph. The Jeep SRT8 is an all weather performer with sports car performance. I believe that would be the point. A true SPORT Utility Vehicle vs. a Utility Vehicle.
    yeah, but will the Jeep's suspension hold? I broke one (at the subframe) without breaking a sweat.

Good to see ya C! Glad to see Urb hasn't driven you completely away haha

Let's look at the price....... How does GM come up with a sticker for the V at over 50k from a regular CTS?? Old LS6 & LS2 engines, old T56, crap rear, bigger rims and brakes..... and they charge how much for all that??
    I'm not really following you on this. If anything it sounds like your putting down the CTS-V because it's using old stuff instead of all new stuff. But at the same time I'm not comparing the two to each other I'm just saying that in a drag race it would be neck and neck between the two

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhauser View Post
    yeah, but will the Jeep's suspension hold? I broke one (at the subframe) without breaking a sweat.
    lol......I think the SRT-8's suspension is just a tiny bit better then then stock GC's suspension. Kinda like how the CTS-V's is just a tiny bit better then a stock CTS. But if you meant for off roading then you bought the wrong SUV for that then. I think the CTS-V and the SRT-8 might be at a stailmate when it comes to their off roading capabilities

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.