Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Can anybody reply me......
    Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee...

Can anybody reply me...

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    Can anybody reply me...
    Well it's kinda hard to make out what your saying, but Cadillac is not comparing the CTS to the 5 series. The CTS is Cadillac's entry level car so it would be compared to the 3 series while the STS would be compare to the 5 series. When it comes to the V series then who the hell knows what they're trying to compare it too. The only thing that compares to the XLR-V would be the SL AMG series or the M6. The STS-V "should" be compared to the M5 but it never is, it just seems to be the odd ball of the group. The CTS-V should technically be compared to the M3 but it's always compared to the M5. As for the BLS who the hell knows. 99% of this forum is people from the USA so we really have next to no clue as to what the BLS is even about. From what I remember about the BLS it seems that would be more closely compared to something like the C series from Mercedes or the 1 series from BMW but I could be wrong with that

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

I haven't driven an SRT8, but my '98 5.9 LTD was a helluva car. Never met anything faster 0-30.

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodie View Post
    I haven't driven an SRT8, but my '98 5.9 LTD was a helluva car. Never met anything faster 0-30.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodie View Post
    A Forester XT would smoke it.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Well it's kinda hard to make out what your saying, but Cadillac is not comparing the CTS to the 5 series. The CTS is Cadillac's entry level car so it would be compared to the 3 series while the STS would be compare to the 5 series. When it comes to the V series then who the hell knows what they're trying to compare it too. The only thing that compares to the XLR-V would be the SL AMG series or the M6. The STS-V "should" be compared to the M5 but it never is, it just seems to be the odd ball of the group. The CTS-V should technically be compared to the M3 but it's always compared to the M5. As for the BLS who the hell knows. 99% of this forum is people from the USA so we really have next to no clue as to what the BLS is even about. From what I remember about the BLS it seems that would be more closely compared to something like the C series from Mercedes or the 1 series from BMW but I could be wrong with that
    Its hard for the CTS to compete with a 5 series when it only matches it in size. None of the V6 CTS can keep up with a 535i. The CTS doesnt offer anything to compete with the 550i. The CTS doesnt offer many choices in leather and materials inside, either. Spec-wise, the CTS fights a 3series much better...its just bigger.

The STS-V is redundant. What does it offer that the CTS-V doesnt?

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

But the CTS-V offers 556 hp and competes with E63 Amg and Bmw M5. I think its not in the class that 3 series or C class. It will smoke them easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    But the CTS-V offers 556 hp and competes with E63 Amg and Bmw M5. I think its not in the class that 3 series or C class. It will smoke them easily...
    The M3 shouldn't be any problem but the C63 is faster then the E63 so the C63 would be a better race for the CTS-V

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    The M3 shouldn't be any problem but the C63 is faster then the E63 so the C63 would be a better race for the CTS-V
    In a straight line maybe, but in the twisties the M3 will be quicker then the C63. Id bet the CTS-V beats the lighter C63 around a track, too. At least in my less experienced hands. The C63 is a tricky little devil at the limit, before the limit, and nowhere near the limit.

The CTS-V competes with the M5, performance-wise. But there are very few people who can afford an M5, that would be willing to go to the Cadillac...
    Although since the V is the best sedan out there, it could change the typical buying practices...

Id guess there are many more people cross shopping the M3 And V, instead of the M5 and V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.