Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; yeah, I dont think the SRT8 is at all fit for off-roading, even if you replace the supercar tires with ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Test drove a SRT-8 Cherokee...

yeah, I dont think the SRT8 is at all fit for off-roading, even if you replace the supercar tires with something more to the task. but the one I broke was a mid 90's laredo, and I NEVER even took it off road. i just remember being like

you know, the laredo I had was a V8, dont remember the power, but it was no slouch. I embarassed a mustang 5.0 once who wasnt payin attention.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

We've got a 2002 Dinan Performance Package X5 4.6iS pushing somewhere around 369hp and Id gladly give up the slight numbers difference between the two trucks for the X5's *vastly* superior fit, finish and handling, even if it is built in SC. The SRT8 looks impressive from the outside, but thats about it.

The CTS-V is obviously in an entirely different class, but so much more car overall.

Mallet-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Mallett

I bought a Trailblazer SS for its winter capabilities. I looked at the Jeeps, but their aftermarket isn't very good. Plus I like having the LS2. I'm very confident that my SS will beat 95% of the Jeep Srt's right now and its all bolt ons so far. Its not as fun as driving the V, but I'll bet that it will beat 95% of the V's in the quarter by next spring.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet-V View Post
    I bought a Trailblazer SS for its winter capabilities. I looked at the Jeeps, but their aftermarket isn't very good. Plus I like having the LS2. I'm very confident that my SS will beat 95% of the Jeep Srt's right now and its all bolt ons so far. Its not as fun as driving the V, but I'll bet that it will beat 95% of the V's in the quarter by next spring.
    ah, but will it take a 100ft radius expressway exit ramp at 60mph? sub-13 sec 1/4's are a youthful exhilaration only, and frankly, nowadays, too easy for anyone to get their hands on. i like my exit/entrance ramps, SUVs dont.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

There is more support for the LS2 due to it being in the GTO's and Corvette's but if it wasn't for those it would have as good of aftermarket for it as the SRT-8 does but even so the SRT-8 does have a decent aftermarket out there. I suggest looking up the SRT-8 Hennessey package. In the words of Borat, "WOW WOW WEE WOW!!!"

Nevermind I did it for you http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...430102514f.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    There is more support for the LS2 due to it being in the GTO's and Corvette's but if it wasn't for those it would have as good of aftermarket for it as the SRT-8 does but even so the SRT-8 does have a decent aftermarket out there. I suggest looking up the SRT-8 Hennessey package. In the words of Borat, "WOW WOW WEE WOW!!!"

Nevermind I did it for you http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...430102514f.htm
    Hennessey is a joke. Buy his stuff and you better pray to god that he actually comes through with it. With the scams he has pulled, I'm amazed anyone would give him recognition. For every fast Jeep you'll find five Trailblazers. They do have an aftermarket but it doesn't show the gains of the LS2. Many of their owners have actually gotten slower after mods. Their tunes are just starting to show minimal gains, like .1-.2 in the quarter.

They come very strong from the factory and I love the looks. I'll probably get my wife one after her Denali.

Hennessey is a joke. Buy his stuff and you better pray to god that he actually comes through with it. With the scams he has pulled, I'm amazed anyone would give him recognition. For every fast Jeep you'll find five Trailblazers. They do have an aftermarket but it doesn't show the gains of the LS2. Many of their owners have actually gotten slower after mods. Their tunes are just starting to show minimal gains, like .1-.2 in the quarter.

They come very strong from the factory and I love the looks. I'll probably get my wife one after her Denali.
    Believe me, I would never actually tell someone to give their money to that dirt bag but at the same time the stuff he does decide to do does come out nice. I've been hanging out with the SRT crowd for the better part of 4 years now. I've seen and heard it all about that douche. My only issues with the TB SS is when you get in it there really isn't anything about it that makes you feel that you have the crem de la crem for that vehicle and the white faced gauges for the rpm but nothing else is stupid looking as well and the interior is flat black, atleast on the SRT-8 they have some trim pieces that make it looks more upscale then compared to the TB SS. My only other issue is the tranny. 4 speed automatic? Toss in a T-56 option or atleast give it a 5 or 6 speed automatic and after test driving one it gave me downshifts when I didn't want them and when I did want them it didn't give them to me so the tranny needs a lot of attention IMO. But hey if you bought one then obviously that was the vehicle for you and at the end of the day you drive what you like

I definately agree that the Jeep is a better looking vehicle inside and out. The aftermarket was the main reason I didn't go with it. Along with the fact that the rear seat hip room is a foot narrower. I have a child seat in the middle and an adult can sit on either side. That wouldn't happen in the Jeep. Also, for whatever reason the Jeeps cargo area is 1/2 the size of the Trailblazers.

Having a RPM built tranny along with a Vigilante 3400 stall makes a night and day difference in the tranny. I'm happy with the SS but it certainly has a few shortcomings that need to be addressed.

I definately agree that the Jeep is a better looking vehicle inside and out. The aftermarket was the main reason I didn't go with it. Along with the fact that the rear seat hip room is a foot narrower. I have a child seat in the middle and an adult can sit on either side. That wouldn't happen in the Jeep. Also, for whatever reason the Jeeps cargo area is 1/2 the size of the Trailblazers.
    That also surprised me as well about the storage between the two vehicles. By looking at them I would think the Jeep would have more storage but I guess they are using bigger seats and a bigger dash or something. Another issue with the SRT-8's though is the price. I've only really checked out one of them at a dealership and they wanted $40k for it while the TB SS I test drove was something like $30k, so the price prices comes into the equation as well.

Having a RPM built tranny along with a Vigilante 3400 stall makes a night and day difference in the tranny. I'm happy with the SS but it certainly has a few shortcomings that need to be addressed.
    Well since your an owner of a TB SS I have a question for ya. I'm guessing you hangout on a TB SS forum or something but has there been any talks at all about a revamping of the TB SS wether it be a redesign, different engine, etc?

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    We've got a 2002 Dinan Performance Package X5 4.6iS pushing somewhere around 369hp and Id gladly give up the slight numbers difference between the two trucks for the X5's *vastly* superior fit, finish and handling, even if it is built in SC. The SRT8 looks impressive from the outside, but thats about it.

The CTS-V is obviously in an entirely different class, but so much more car overall.
    HAHAHAHAHA! X5 sucks, those miserable cars are about as comfortable as a Pogostick.

They may have better fit and finish than a Jeep, but that's where it ends.

Hope you wear your back brace in that POS.

Well since your an owner of a TB SS I have a question for ya. I'm guessing you hangout on a TB SS forum or something but has there been any talks at all about a revamping of the TB SS wether it be a redesign, different engine, etc?
    It sounds as though it will come back in 2008 being the same, then it sounds as though it will be discontinued with the new body coming out in 2009. Maybe after a year or two with a new design, it will come back.

By the way, a TBSS just went 11.1@120+.

It sounds as though it will come back in 2008 being the same, then it sounds as though it will be discontinued with the new body coming out in 2009. Maybe after a year or two with a new design, it will come back.
    Oh ok. Hopefully it shows back up with a LS3 under the hood

By the way, a TBSS just went 11.1@120+.
    Damn! Thats hauling some ass. Was that all motor or did he go with a F/I setup or juice?

Damn! Thats hauling some ass. Was that all motor or did he go with a F/I setup or juice?
    Turbo!

92EldoTC is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex:'92 ETC 4.9 Current:'91 Sedan Deville 4.9

You couldn't have expected more from the SRT-8 comparing a Cadillac to a jeep, a truck to a car at that.

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Chrysler is not in Cadillac's class, its a truth, but SRT8 is not as good as Cayenne Turbo etc, but it is cheaper and has got N/A engine so you can put much more hp to it. Interior quality is not good, even we had 2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7, I hate some parts of our car. For example front console, doors insides, steering wheel , seats , armrest are both leather. The roof cloth has got great color and quality too. When you come to trunk, it changes. It has got plastic, it is hard but it has got quality, not cheap plastic. But when we come to center console, especially Automatic Transmission lever, it is rubbish. Very cheap plastic and swinging armrest with creaking noise when you push it hard. But not so bad, overall quality is very good, Chrysler had got workmanship issues in the past, today it is passed but now they reduced the interior quality very much. New Grand Cherokee to compared old, its very very different, new is looking like cheap korean cars, like Kia Sorento. ( Maybe you didnt heard this car before in Canada, I dont think they are selling that wreck in developed Countries like Canada, USA etc. )

Even if you compare MK1 CTS-V with Chrysler, you cant find any car for it. Because Chrysler has got NOTHİNG to offer against CTS, M3 or etc. Dodge Charger&Challenger is way more bigger, comfortable , cheaper traditional muscle cars. ( In fact, when the Muscle cars era was living on the earth, that cars were very very luxury against European rivals I think, they were leader , I cannot sure which time it was, but today, Mopar's economical situation forced to desing Muscle cars again and sell it, they are using the old legend ) . 300C SRT8 is a different offer against Bmw M5, E63 Amg , but still it cant beat them in quality and not fast as them. ( And also Chrysler is not matched with those marques, it is very cheap, M5 or E63 amg doubles the price of SRT8 in truth, you if you buy SRT8 for 45.000$ and spend 35.000$ on it, you will get faster and much better looking car than those I think. ) , the only choice of Americans beat those super sedans is Cadillac STS-V ( Which is faster and better handle than MB E class ) and upcoming CTS-V maybe...( In fact, old CTS-V is fine match up with E46 M3. But new CTS has got much power than M3, RS4 or C63 Amg, also it has got more power than E63, M5 , but CTS wasnt in the class of 3 series or something? And If Cadillac decided to CTS as rival of M5, then what will Cadillac put against Bmw 3 series? BLS-V?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.