V vs IS350
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, V vs IS350 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ive been looking over both CTS-V forums and Is350 forums for a while now to know the goods and bads ...
    lknox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

V vs IS350

Ive been looking over both CTS-V forums and Is350 forums for a while now to know the goods and bads of both worlds. I am on the hunt for a new car and i've narrowed it down to a V or a 350. Ive driven my buddies 06 IS350 and its pretty darn fast for as tiny as it is. Ive always been a die hard GM person since birth but that 350 impressed me. Im no stranger to HP. I had a 97 Trans Am with a 400 small block and about 30k of upgrades (rich dad and high school graduation). I got in way too much trouble with the law so i had to sell it. Now that Im older and not so much of a lead foot, I still miss the power. Despite the certain appealing factors of the IS 350, the sound of a LS motor with a good exhaust setup is irresistable. Can anyone point me in the right direction.Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: V vs IS350

Quote Originally Posted by lknox View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction.Thanks
    Go to a Cadillac dealer and buy one. Screw Lexus (unless you like overpriced Toyotas, that is.)
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

The IS350 is a nice ride, and I won't say bad things about it. If you get an IS350 don't take on a CTS-V because you'll get out run, out stopped, and out cornered. The IS350 is refined and compentent, but not particularly exciting. In stark contrast, the V is an adrenalin junky's dream.

TXSilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

You should buy a Cadillac just because of the girl above in Tony's post. I find myself during work looking at Tony's post just so I can watch. Man I need to get a life!

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I actually have a V and I can honestly say its fun as hell. Mine isnt stock... mostly suspension and soon brake stuff, but its doin about 415 horse. They are fairly inexpensive used and the look on people with 911's faces when you put a kill on them is priceless... That goes for vettes M3s AND the alleged 500 hp cobra... I cant figure that one out.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

hmmm.....

I guess I need a life also. You need to change your sig Tony, it's a little too distracting. Julie:

Takes me down to the primal instincts.

V go fast, Me like!!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by lknox View Post
    I had a 97 Trans Am with a 400 small block and about 30k of upgrades (rich dad and high school graduation). I got in way too much trouble with the law so i had to sell it. Now that Im older and not so much of a lead foot, I still miss the power. Despite the certain appealing factors of the IS 350, the sound of a LS motor with a good exhaust setup is irresistable. Can anyone point me in the right direction.Thanks
    Don't get the V. It will return you to the days of your youth with a real American muscle motor and you will end up in jail.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Just kidding about the sig Tony, me like!

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

I assume the IS350 is equivalent to the Infiniti G35.
    Get the Lexus

I bought the G35 for my daughter - I don't want her driving too fast and she'd do that in a V. The G35 is a great girl's car.

AirCav is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ctsv View Post
    The G35 is a great girl's car.
    Ouch! That'll leave a mark.

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

go test drive a ctsv, and then you will have your answer>>!!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstkde View Post
    go test drive a ctsv, and then you will have your answer>>!!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

theloanman219 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Tony's Video make me HAPPY!

lknox is offline Cadillac Owners Member

OK i took your advise and i drove a V. Granted the V runs faster. But honestly i prolly wouldnt romp on it constantly like i would have years ago. This would be a daily driver and i cant take the risk of screwing it up pushing it too hard. Thank you to whoever finally made the comment about tony's avatar. One cant deny his urge to look at it a few times with his head cocked to the side smiling. Anyways back to the point. My rational is that if i wont be doing 100 everywhere i go then i should go with the 350 but the caddy is so much better looking and will prolly make me cream in my pants every day with just a turn of a key. Cosmetically speaking the 350 is far superior. Mechanicaly speaking the V wins hands down.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

The IS350 does absolutely nothing for me. Around these parts they are rich highschool chick cars. That and SLK350's. I'm not trying to make fun of it, just stating facts. If you don't get the V, that money would be better spent towards a 335i or a 2-yr old B6/B7 S4.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.