Help me choose my next car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Help me choose my next car in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ill be replacing the CTS very soon. I thought I had it sold about 2 weeks ago, but it never ...
    AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Help me choose my next car

Ill be replacing the CTS very soon. I thought I had it sold about 2 weeks ago, but it never worked out.

I can't figure out what to replace it with. I was thinking a V, but Im not sure I want my 3rd CTS. I think its time for a different car. I like the 335i coupe. In fact I really like this car. And you can get serious power with light mods. 350 whp is possible with a tune and exhuast work. Very tempting.

G35? Good power, good handling, good price. 2008 CTS? Im not sure I can deal with a car that is that flashy...I really need to see it in person. Does that grill really stand out as much as the pictures show?
    What do you guys think about the C350? Overpriced?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Help me choose my next car

335i. Best looking coupe on the market now, probably the best looking BMW ever, and very technologically advanced, IIRC, it's the fastest of all the cars you listed by a large margin.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Do you feel the need for more room? SRX

Do you feel the need for more lux? STS

Do you feel the need for a CTS-sized car that rides like a Town Car? MKZ

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

How true is that last statement?

I have a MKZ and at first had a real problem with the way it handled. Then I figured it out and learned to accept it. Cadillac benchmarked BMW for the CTS. I figure Lincoln must have benchmarked the Town Car for the MKZ. I had a co-worker who owns a Mazda 6 (same platform as the MKZ) drive the car. He was amazed at how they changed the whole feel of the car to appear much larger than it is.

Test drive an AWD MKZ and be ready for a wide turning radius and large steering inputs. My 88 year old father, who constantly saws the wheel back and forth as he drives, would feel right at home in that car.

The car is really quite a nice freeway cruiser. It has a lot more rear seat and trunk room than the CTS. The 3.5 engine is very willing once broken in. The biggest drawback is knowing that the platform is shared with a lot of lesser cars. (The Cimarron feeling?) The pricing is much nicer than the CTS. The 3.5 and heated seats are standard. All colors are standard. All options are available ala carte without having to buy a higher trim level. It's hard to find a loaded AWD MKZ with a MSRP above $35K and they sell for a lot less.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

The v would be a different car. Also i think it is the fastes car in you list. not the 335i

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    The v would be a different car. Also i think it is the fastes car in you list. not the 335i
    The V would not be a different car. I have a CTS, its my 2nd CTS. A V would be my 3rd CTS. Id be looking at the same body, same guages, same Playschool interior for a 3rd time in a row. Not really what Im after. And yes, the V is faster the 335i. No doubt there.

C5rv, I thought I was pretty clear about the class of vehicle I was going for. Luxury is not what Im after.

SRX is a cool van. Blah. That Lincoln is crap to drive. It's too front heavy, understeers pretty bad. It's not very quick, and the suspension wallows.

Id love a C5 Z06 tho, that would rock my world

pabstcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Yep

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    The V would not be a different car. I have a CTS, its my 2nd CTS. A V would be my 3rd CTS.
    Saying that the CTS & the CTS-V are the same car is like saying Nikki & Paris are the same, while 1 is clearly more fun to hang with & the other is the one you'd want to introduce to your mom. :2cents:

Quote Originally Posted by pabstcadillac View Post
    Saying that the CTS & the CTS-V are the same car is like saying Nikki & Paris are the same, while 1 is clearly more fun to hang with & the other is the one you'd want to introduce to your mom. :2cents:
    I guess you didnt read my post. They are similar enough...

And no, you shouldn't drink. Anyone who thinks theres ANY Hilton girl worth talking to, is allready on the whiskey.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Garnet Red Metallic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S60-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Volvo S60R. My sister bought one in March and I had the opportunity to drive it from PA to VA. The car is an absolute blast. Hers was an automatic, I can only imagine how good the 6 speed version is. I thought Volvo stopped making a good sports sedan after the 850 T5-R, until I drove this S60R.
    1996 Cadillac Fleetwood "SS"- sold but not forgotten
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

C5rv, I thought I was pretty clear about the class of vehicle I was going for.
    No, you weren't.

I guess you didnt read my post. They are similar enough...
    I did read your post, but that is where you opinion is simply wrong. While it is your opinion it should be taken away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S60-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Volvo S60R. My sister bought one in March and I had the opportunity to drive it from PA to VA. The car is an absolute blast. Hers was an automatic, I can only imagine how good the 6 speed version is. I thought Volvo stopped making a good sports sedan after the 850 T5-R, until I drove this S60R.
    Allready owned one Had a few Evolve go-fast mods too Nice cars. The chassis control is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pabstcadillac View Post
    I did read your post, but that is where you opinion is simply wrong. While it is your opinion it should be taken away from you.
    My opinions of what I want is wrong how?
    Ive driven a V plenty. Have you bought a new CTS ever? I have, twice. Do you know what its like to lose $10k each time you drive one off the lot? Im not about to do it a 3rd time for the same car. Especially with a newer version coming out oh soo soon.

Call my opinions wrong if you like, You still think theres a Hilton girl worth more then a dirty rag.

My opinions of what I want is wrong how?
    Ive driven a V plenty. Have you bought a new CTS ever? I have, twice. Do you know what its like to lose $10k each time you drive one off the lot? Im not about to do it a 3rd time for the same car. Especially with a newer version coming out oh soo soon.

Call my opinions wrong if you like, You still think theres a Hilton girl worth more then a dirty rag.
    I really don't want to pick this apart, so I'll keep it short.

1) Losing $10k- it's a daily driver, not a collector car. If you're planning a retirement on daily driver I have ocean front property for you in AZ for a steal.

2) Opinions can be wrong, there are people who believe that the twin towers collapsing was caused by termites. That's their opinion, but it is wrong.

3) They are not the same car, they share less than 50% of the same parts.

4) I'm pretty sure the checking accounts & investment brokers of the Hilton's would show they are worth more than a dirty rag. I know you were trying to take a low blow, but again I'm willing to bet they donate more to charity in a year than most people on this board make. That can't be all bad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.