How come there arent ever posts concerning..... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, How come there arent ever posts concerning..... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I think the biggest problem would be finding a stock V, SS, or WS6. Those are all very popular cars ...
    Highline Cady is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Nitrous03DHS,AJtune,Corsa,Volant,3.71s,Grille,tinted,stall'd

Re: How come there arent ever posts concerning.....

I think the biggest problem would be finding a stock V, SS, or WS6. Those are all very popular cars to hop up. And why not they all take well to bolt ons.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

My 00 Firehawk is dead stock with only 6000 miles on her

Highline Cady is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Nitrous03DHS,AJtune,Corsa,Volant,3.71s,Grille,tinted,stall'd

Cool car!!! But drive her man!!!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Only thing I got a half chance to run was a WS6 once from about a 15mph roll, but he let off at about 50mph as I was pulling on him a little and about to shift into third. The conditions at the time were not advantageous for us to really be running. So I would still call that unknown.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Without serious mods a CTS-V will get raped by an F-body. Sorry.

I met up with a group in Orlando that calls themselves "Fuel Slut" last weekend: It's a group of GM musclecar owners, mostly modded, that had just left the strip in Bithlo (still had numbers on the windows). These guys are all running mid 12's with minor mods, and the ones with cams are in the 11's. The fastest known CTS-V is Stkshkr's (Maggie, Alky injection, headers and slicks) and his best is an 11.9. They were respectful and somewhat impressed by my car (mostly because of the Kooks / Corsa sound), but since I wasn't holding a timeslip they weren't too interested.

With my mods I could probably pull a high 12's run, provided I don't muff the launch. From a roll on the street, I could probably hang with a mildly modded Camaro or T/A, but I'm not going after one from a dig anytime soon.

I don't want to shatter any V owners' dreams, but you can make an 11 second F-body for the price of the car + $3k. It takes the car + about $10k for a CTS-V, and you'd better figure another $6,500 for Doug's rearend after you annihilate your stock one. We have a really fast car for a luxury sedan, but an F-body has massive advantages in both traction and weight.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Wow, I really killed this thread with a dose of reality, didn't I?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Alright, I'll bite Tony

Your first statement is not true if you compare stock to stock. As much as I agree that an F body can be made faster much, much cheaper, stock for stock the F body and the V are neck and neck.

F bodies running 12's with minor mods? What do you consider minor and how deep into the 12's are you talking? A high 12 second F body can be done fairly easily, but a mid to low 12 second car requires quite a bit of work. Can you get high 12's with a V with some headers, exhaust and a tune? I would sure hope so.

The point of this thread is not which car is cheaper to mod.......right?

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Alright, I'll bite Tony

Your first statement is not true if you compare stock to stock. As much as I agree that an F body can be made faster much, much cheaper, stock for stock the F body and the V are neck and neck.

F bodies running 12's with minor mods? What do you consider minor and how deep into the 12's are you talking? A high 12 second F body can be done fairly easily, but a mid to low 12 second car requires quite a bit of work. Can you get high 12's with a V with some headers, exhaust and a tune? I would sure hope so.

The point of this thread is not which car is cheaper to mod.......right?
    Guys have ran high 12's bone stock in F-bodies. How many V's have done that stock? Hell the F bodies are doing it with LS1's and you guys are running LS6's and LS2's

^^^^^^ Show me. As I have said earlier, I have been around F bodies for years (and still own one) and a bone stock car running high 12's is a freak of nature, if at all. I bet if the V had traction from the start those cars would be running high 12's.

I am right now staring at a Car and Driver review of the 2000 Firehawk (was just digging through some of my old stuff for shiats and giggles) and their road test yielded a 13.5 in the quarter and a 0-60 of 5.0.

And what the hell does LS1/LS2/LS6 have to do with anythng? It's all about horespower, torque and weight.

^^^^^^ Show me. As I have said earlier, I have been around F bodies for years (and still own one) and a bone stock car running high 12's is a freak of nature, if at all. I bet if the V had traction from the start those cars would be running high 12's.
    GM High-Tech Performance magazine got a 12.89 in a 1999 Z28 you can check it out in the 7/99 magazine. Hell they also got a Collectors Edition Trans Am with a automatic to run a 13.13 in the 10/02 issue.

And what the hell does LS1/LS2/LS6 have to do with anythng? It's all about horespower, torque and weight.
    2001 Trans Am Coupe:
    3400 lbs
    Power to weight ratio of ~10.97

CTS-V:
    3850 lbs
    Power to weight ratio of 9.625

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    GM High-Tech Performance magazine got a 12.89 in a 1999 Z28 you can check it out in the 7/99 magazine. Hell they also got a Collectors Edition Trans Am with a automatic to run a 13.13 in the 10/02 issue.

2001 Trans Am Coupe:
    3400 lbs
    Power to weight ratio of ~10.97

CTS-V:
    3850 lbs
    Power to weight ratio of 9.625
    I tried to find that 99 magazine on the net to no luck. As I said, there is always the freak of nature car that may have actually pulled that number off, but it is FAR from the norm. The 13.13 is very believable as I have seen very fast F bodies run those numbers. Still, those low numbers were not the norm as you seem to be claiming.

In fact, here is a link to a GMHTP test of a 2001 Camaro SS. Best time they got in the quarter is 13.579. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ure/index.html

The bottom line is I have seen a hell of a lot of stock F body cars with times in the mid 13's rather than the low 13's and certainly not the high 12's.

I tried to find that 99 magazine on the net to no luck. As I said, there is always the freak of nature car that may have actually pulled that number off, but it is FAR from the norm. The 13.13 is very believable as I have seen very fast F bodies run those numbers. Still, those low numbers were not the norm as you seem to be claiming.

In fact, here is a link to a GMHTP test of a 2001 Camaro SS. Best time they got in the quarter is 13.579. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ure/index.html

The bottom line is I have seen a hell of a lot of stock F body cars with times in the mid 13's rather than the low 13's and certainly not the high 12's.
    So GM High Tech managed to get 2 factory freaks but the 13.13 was with a automatic. So if an auto was running those kinda numbers then it's quite easily possible that a 6 speed version could hit in the 12's

Jonas McFeely is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!

Sometimes an auto works better with big V8s than a stick. Ive seen it a few times in Car and Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    So GM High Tech managed to get 2 factory freaks but the 13.13 was with a automatic. So if an auto was running those kinda numbers then it's quite easily possible that a 6 speed version could hit in the 12's
    What? I'm saying it is possible GMHTP got one freak, yes. How else do you explain that they got a similar car to only run mid 13's? Yes, I know every car is different, but they don't usually differ by over a half second.

And yes, many times the automatics are faster at the track than the sticks, you never saw this?

And yes, many times the automatics are faster at the track than the sticks, you never saw this?
    Automatics are more consistent while stick shifts net you the best time (due to less dirvetrain loss). For the best possible numbers drag racers use automatic manuals.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.