New Buick Enclave to replace SRX?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, New Buick Enclave to replace SRX? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Other than the availability of a V8 and MRC, the new Buick Enclave can be had with very high equipment ...
    alexandria is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

New Buick Enclave to replace SRX?

Other than the availability of a V8 and MRC, the new Buick Enclave can be had with very high equipment levels. Does this signal that GM doesn't intend to replace the SRX? What difference would exist any more between the two vehicles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: New Buick Enclave to replace SRX?

The Buick brand will never reach the prestige of the Cadillac, so to answer your question, no.

The Enclave is supposed to replace the entire GM line of mini vans, it is not slated to repalce the SRX. That's the way I see it anyway.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Buick has been building more luxurious vehicles than Cadillac - only they're going to China for a few years..

I don't think the Enclave is replacing the SRX - but the Enclave is the most luxurious Crossover SUV in the GM line-up. Cadillac isn't building "luxury" vehicles anymore. Buick will be taking over that slot (see the new Park Avenue). Cadillac now builds "luxury sports" vehicles - like BMW.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

miked is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD

V8 and MRC, however, are too very big reasons to stay with the SRX. At least in my book.

Interestingly, I think that GM is shooting themselves in the foot by only offering a 4-way power passenger seat. Like many households, I (the husband) am the primary driver in the house, which means that my wife has to sit in the passenger seat. She's only 5 foot, and we cannot get any car that doesn't offer a power height adjustment (i.e., a 6-way power seat). The Asian manufacturers know this -- all their luxo SUV's offer it -- but the American manufacturers seem to scrimp without realizing that they're automatically out of the bidding for some people over a $2 cost savings. We were close to getting a Pacifica, and couldn't for this very reason.

End rant.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Rumor has it a smaller crossover, based on the new Equinox, will replace the SRX. Doesn't sound very promising to me. Another rumor is that there will be a Acadia Denali with a V8.

I stopped by the closed Buick dealer on Sunday and looked through the windows of an Enclave. It seemed very nice and worthy of consideration. However, at $41K, it was more expensive than many AWD V6 SRX units.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    V8 and MRC, however, are too very big reasons to stay with the SRX. At least in my book.

Interestingly, I think that GM is shooting themselves in the foot by only offering a 4-way power passenger seat. Like many households, I (the husband) am the primary driver in the house, which means that my wife has to sit in the passenger seat. She's only 5 foot, and we cannot get any car that doesn't offer a power height adjustment (i.e., a 6-way power seat). The Asian manufacturers know this -- all their luxo SUV's offer it -- but the American manufacturers seem to scrimp without realizing that they're automatically out of the bidding for some people over a $2 cost savings. We were close to getting a Pacifica, and couldn't for this very reason.

End rant.
    Erm...The SRX (unless it's completely base) has 10 way adjustable Driver and passenger seats. The passenger seat is either all manual or 10 way power- there's neve been a 4-way seat in an SRX.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    Rumor has it a smaller crossover, based on the new Equinox, will replace the SRX. Doesn't sound very promising to me. Another rumor is that there will be a Acadia Denali with a V8.

I stopped by the closed Buick dealer on Sunday and looked through the windows of an Enclave. It seemed very nice and worthy of consideration. However, at $41K, it was more expensive than many AWD V6 SRX units.
    I did the same - looked at the exterior of the Buick Enclave - and I loved it! The interior (looking in from the outside) looks very nice as well. However, I'd like to get a seat in it...

If the GMC Acadia came out with a Denali version - that would really take sales from the Enclave.. Right now, the only thing the Enclave REALLY has over the Acadia is luxury...

I suppose it would be like the Yukon Denali and the Escalade.. They're just too similar (in my opinion)...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.