• BMW

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
29K views 98 replies 25 participants last post by  georule 
#1 ·
Lets just take a gander at what people really think about Cadillac Vs the leading competitors foreign or domestic. Lets discuss the pros and cons of owning a cadillac vs owning a LEXUS ect ect. I for one am partial to cadillac myself since I own one and have had not very many problems out of mine. I've taken care of my just like the owners manual, may cost a little more but I guess in the long run I have saved myself quite a bit of money. I hear all the time about how great lexus, infinity, ect ect are so much better than cadillac but I dont know why people feel this way. This gives us a chance to express our views on both sides. This should make for a good sometimes heated converstaion. But it should be interesting. So lets get rolling with this, In my view I see that Cadillac should be rated #1 not only by the cars design, the engine proformance, and overall luxury. I also think that Cadillac has done many technogical advances far ahead of their time. Tell me another car that you can self diagnose without taking it to the dealer. They may be out there, you tell me. Anyhow just something to get the blood flowing. It should be interesting.

#77 ·
Katshot said:
So what's the point about platform sharing?
What's REALLY bad about it? I mean I know what people THINK about it but can anyone explain why they feel it's a bad thing?
Platform and/or component sharing helps cut costs across the board and CAN lead to better servicability and durability of the platform over time. I think this is another time when the consumer has been led around by the press and "told" that the sharing is a bad thing, and everybody just buys into it.
i never said anything about platform sharing being bad. I just said inifiniti cars are not like acura and toyota

#78 ·
I don't have a problem with it (except the Escalade being a Denali, ok just take it easy) I think it's great for parts availability, but then doesn't the Escalade seem somehow cheaper to you because of this. I mean at least MY Cadillac has a motor made "exclusively" for the Cadillac Motor Car Division. Question: do the Escalades use its own exclusive engine that only Cadillac builds or does it share with the Denali, Yukon, Halfton?? If it shares, to me, it seems to cheapen the vehicle because it is supposed to be special? Right?!

#80 ·
This is why I don't like to see something called a "rebadged" this or that. A Lexus ES isn't a rebadged Camry. If the ES looked like the Camry and the inside wasn't so luxurious compared to the Camry, then I wouldn't like it MORE than the Camry... "Rebadging" something is simply putting on a new badge...

Things have changed a bit from a ways back when the Riviera, Eldorado, Toronado (and what else) looked just like the Eldorado AND had almost the exact interior. Same goes for the Camaro and Firebird. Everything was almost identical. Nowadays, things are working out a bit differently since there are seperate "luxury" divisions...

#82 ·
But the thing is, 1st generation escalades HAD an almost identical interior to the tahoes.... So in essence, it was a "rebadged" vehicle...

This still goes on today.... The interiors of a Mercury grand marquis and ford Crown Vic are the same, minus some plastic wood trim....

#83 ·
That's the thing I have to respect about the Navagator, or even the new Aviator. With the Nav., it was a totally new and different vehicle than anything Ford ever built in that class. When you saw a Navagator's frontend comming at you, you knew what it was and or is. But Ford made the "identity crisis" mistake (rebadging) IMO with the new Aviator. Same as an Explorer, but with a different grille, front, rear end and different interior and options. Come to think of it, The Navagator and the Humer H2 are the only large SUV's that are totally unique and do not really share parts with others? Am I wrong?

#85 ·
I wouldnt think ford to build a new chassis just for that. Remember they only have 1 V8 (minus the truck engines), that they just add different things to make it more/less powerful....

#89 ·
With the "modular" ford 4.6 V8, they add or subract many things to make the engine more/less powerful..... They may put on SOHCs or DOHCs, depending how much power they want..... They also change the compression ration, intake, etc.....

#91 ·
Just making sure, some times you canucks an be a little slow up top ;) :rofl:

#92 ·
Sal Collaziano said:
Here's what I would say in order:

1. Mercedes
2. Cadillac
3. Lexus
4. BMW
5. Infinti
6. Acura

Exterior appearance:
1. Cadillac
2. Mercedes
3. Lexus
4. BMW
5. Infiniti
6. Acura

Interior appearance:
1. Mercedes
2. Lexus
3. Cadillac
4. Infiniti
5. BMW
6. Acura

Handling:
1. BWM
2. Mercedes
3. Cadillac
4. Acura
5. Lexus
6. Infiniti

Performance:
1. Mercedes
2. BMW
3. Lexus
4. Cadillac
5. Infiniti
6. Acura

Maintenance:
1. Lexus
2. Infiniti
3. Acura
4. BMW
5. Mercedes
6. Cadillac

Innovation:
1. Cadillac
2. BMW
3. Mercedes
4. Lexus
5. Infiniti
6. Acura
I don't think MB should be a the top for interior. Lexus, no doubt, has the best interior. And handling, the Infiniti G35 has better handling than a BMW 3 and Cadillac CTS according to MotorTrend. Exterior, many people dont like Cadillac's new exterior. Performance, IMO, 1. BMW 2. Infiniti 3. Mercedes 4. Cadillac 5. Acura 6. Lexus. Innovation, IMO I think Mercedes has more innovation than BMW.

#98 ·
Re: Cadillac Vs Other Manufactures

As a Cadillac owner now, and the owner of 8 Mercedes iBenz over the years, as much as I love my Caddy it cannot compare with the S Class Benz. Engines are roughly equivalent for base models, but the ride, interior materials quality, overall handling and safety features of the Benz are IMO better. I do think that the newer Caddy's are a better value when you throw in the high initial price, low residual price, and maintenance costs for the Benz. I still own a CLK500 convertible and it is a fine car.

#99 ·
I won't buy Japanese, and I'll never buy another German car that isn't under warranty (and if I buy a car, I want to own it for awhile). $600 for a battery cable? SAY WHAT?

First time Cadillac owner (2013 SRX), and very happy with it (tho CUE needs a little work, which I believe it will get in the fullness of time).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.