Cadillac or Other manufacturers - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: #1 Luxury car maker

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadillac

32 57.14%
  • Lexus

2 3.57%
  • Infinity

2 3.57%
  • BMW

7 12.50%
  • Mercedes

11 19.64%
  • Other

2 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac or Other manufacturers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just making sure, some times you canucks an be a little slow up top...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Just making sure, some times you canucks an be a little slow up top

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    Here's what I would say in order:

1. Mercedes
    2. Cadillac
    3. Lexus
    4. BMW
    5. Infinti
    6. Acura

Exterior appearance:
    1. Cadillac
    2. Mercedes
    3. Lexus
    4. BMW
    5. Infiniti
    6. Acura

Interior appearance:
    1. Mercedes
    2. Lexus
    3. Cadillac
    4. Infiniti
    5. BMW
    6. Acura

Handling:
    1. BWM
    2. Mercedes
    3. Cadillac
    4. Acura
    5. Lexus
    6. Infiniti

Performance:
    1. Mercedes
    2. BMW
    3. Lexus
    4. Cadillac
    5. Infiniti
    6. Acura

Maintenance:
    1. Lexus
    2. Infiniti
    3. Acura
    4. BMW
    5. Mercedes
    6. Cadillac

Innovation:
    1. Cadillac
    2. BMW
    3. Mercedes
    4. Lexus
    5. Infiniti
    6. Acura
    I don't think MB should be a the top for interior. Lexus, no doubt, has the best interior. And handling, the Infiniti G35 has better handling than a BMW 3 and Cadillac CTS according to MotorTrend. Exterior, many people dont like Cadillac's new exterior. Performance, IMO, 1. BMW 2. Infiniti 3. Mercedes 4. Cadillac 5. Acura 6. Lexus. Innovation, IMO I think Mercedes has more innovation than BMW.

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Also, you forgot Lincoln! I see them better than Acura, so Acura #7 and Lincoln #6

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    Yeah, I could have had Lincoln in there.. That's true.. And interiors - Lexus certainly does have nice interiors... I thought they copied Mercedes though - and that's why I put them behind...

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Originally posted by elwesso
    Just making sure, some times you canucks an be a little slow up top

:banghead2

caddieboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS White Diamond base, 1992 Brougham White/White 5.7

Re: Cadillac Vs Other Manufactures

I think Rolls-Royce and Bentley, but I like Caddie best. You couldn't pay me to own a Rolls-Royce, but it defines Luxury in my humble opinion.

Dkbreard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None. Chevy Fan

Uh Really, Because 1st America is were the car was born and we still control most of the market on cars. Not to mention that I still see more Cadillac's, Chevy's, Buick's, fords, Chrysler's, and Dodge cars on the streets then any other car, and by the way
    American cars kick butt my moms SUV 99 Chevy suburban runs great we've spent way less money on it then my Aunt and Uncle have on thier crap Honda mini van. I would bet millions it would start before any cheap crap from china, Japan, Germany, Europe, basically if it aint from the Greatest country in the world(U.S.A.) I wouldn't even spit in its direction. And all the foriegn cars get a better ride from all the crap plastic that is used to cut down on cost, guess what, when the plastic wears out your screwed.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by gspencer914 View Post
    Just by a caddi and get it over with people. Those who have one love them (most of the time). There are many other manufactures of luxury autos, BUT ONLY ONE CADILLAC. Just wanted to bring Cadillac back into the discussion. Thanks for your support. Can I get an AMEN?
    Amen, Buy the first Luxury car all others are inferior copies just get over it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    I don't like the way people say one car is a "rebadged" something or other. I was using the word sarcastically.

The point HotRodSaint is trying to make, I think, is that foreign cars aren't laughable anymore. And it seems juvenile to hate all other makes because they're not American. It's cool to be patriotic but not to the point where you're blind to fact and reality. But to each his/her own.

The fact is, as Cadillac owners, we can't turn our noses up to everybody anymore. That's what BMW, Mercedes and others do to US now. All we can hope for is to level the playing field for a change.

Go ahead. Drive up next to the top of the line Mercedes or BMW and give them a smirk. You'll look absolutely ridiculous and the owner of the other vehicle will feel sorry for you...

We're all biased here - and that's fine. But I want this forum to be a reasonable one. I don't want a "Cadillac rules all" mentality. We're not a bunch of little idiots who run around all day saying, "mines better than yours".

We own Cadillacs and we love them. We love them more than any other car out there. And if we have a brain, we want them to BE better than any other car out there. And that's not going to happen unless we acknowledge the fact that there ARE better cars out there...

If YOU had a business, why would you spend all sorts of money improving your product if it was the best out there?

Oh please they started it, they came in to the USA When we were perfectly fine with our original cars. We have two Chevy's and one Volts wagon(donated) hate the VW it's garbage

johng99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 StS V8

As a Cadillac owner now, and the owner of 8 Mercedes iBenz over the years, as much as I love my Caddy it cannot compare with the S Class Benz. Engines are roughly equivalent for base models, but the ride, interior materials quality, overall handling and safety features of the Benz are IMO better. I do think that the newer Caddy's are a better value when you throw in the high initial price, low residual price, and maintenance costs for the Benz. I still own a CLK500 convertible and it is a fine car.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Re: Cadillac or Other manufacturers

I won't buy Japanese, and I'll never buy another German car that isn't under warranty (and if I buy a car, I want to own it for awhile). $600 for a battery cable? SAY WHAT?

First time Cadillac owner (2013 SRX), and very happy with it (tho CUE needs a little work, which I believe it will get in the fullness of time).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.