Cadillac or Other manufacturers - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: #1 Luxury car maker

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadillac

32 57.14%
  • Lexus

2 3.57%
  • Infinity

2 3.57%
  • BMW

7 12.50%
  • Mercedes

11 19.64%
  • Other

2 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac or Other manufacturers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally posted by HotRodSaint Exactly. Remember when Iaccoca was complaining about how the US makers couldn't compete because there wasn't ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Originally posted by HotRodSaint
    Exactly.

Remember when Iaccoca was complaining about how the US makers couldn't compete because there wasn't a level playing field?

What happened? They (the Japanese and Germans) came to the home field and started making car's using the same labor force and same parts suppliers. Guess what? They also make them better here on a level playing field.

I'm glad Cadillac isn't whining anymore and is actually attempting to play with the big boys. It's taken 30 years to loose the worlds respect. It might take them 30 more to get it back.
    Well said

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Unless they unleash something completely revolutionary--- like the 16

VQpower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Handling:
    1. BWM
    2. Mercedes
    3. Cadillac
    4. Acura
    5. Lexus
    6. Infiniti

Performance:
    1. Mercedes
    2. BMW
    3. Lexus
    4. Cadillac
    5. Infiniti
    6. Acura

Innovation:
    1. Cadillac
    2. BMW
    3. Mercedes
    4. Lexus
    5. Infiniti
    6. Acura
    Other than these 3 subjects, your rankings we're pretty accurate.
    But in these subjects I see there is a lack of knowledge.

When it comes to handling, Infiniti is definitely not last; they should be second or third. The G35 out handles the 3-series BMW, The Q45 out handles all other non-German competitors, the FX45 is probably the best in its class (its a pretty small class though).
    And just to prove that im not bias, how could any Acura beat out a Lexus or Infiniti. Acura only makes FWD vehicles, while Lexus and Infiniti both have RWD and AWD platforms.

When it comes to performance, Lexus does not out perform Acura or Infiniti. Infiniti should be among the top of the list.
    Infiniti Q45 - 340hp, Lexus LS- 300hp
    Infiniti G35 - 260hp, Lexus IS - 215hp
    Infiniti M45 - 340hp, Lexus GS - 300hp
    The Infinitiís have more power than most or almost all of its competitors.

When it comes to innovation, what has BMW or Mercedes done thatís sooo innovating? Infiniti started the Voice Recognition Technologies, Intelligent Cruise Control, Rear View Cameras, Smart Active Head Rests, etc.

I donít want to seem like I think Infiniti is better than all others, im just bringing facts into the discussion.

Before I get flamed, I own a DeVille and an Infiniti G35. Both cars are superb.

Originally posted by VQpower
    I donít want to seem like I think Infiniti is better than all others, im just bringing facts into the discussion.
    I WILL!!

Cadillac is still my dream and my passion, just so you know.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    My post were just my opinions.. They were my personal ratings.. I don't claim to know tons about cars...

Welcome aboard and thanks for signing up.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    I split this topic up. Now we can continue if anyone would like...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles
    It seems we can not get past all these Infiniti guys, so I checked them out. The G35 is a sweet drivin car. The M45 is fast as hell, but ugly as a broken brick. I parked my old sls next to it and even the salesman admitted that the ol cad looked 'pretty good'. The Q is....well..'the Q'........I can't afford one anyway.

I got 6500 includin mods and tires in my old sls. got 137k on the OD. Wife says , the best rice is the new Z!. I told her save her cash for a CTSV . She said..K

Guess my old 'redneck' is showin..lol

I dont think the M45 is too bad looking.... although I do like the STS better.... The new Qs are GOLDEN!!! I want one when i trade my Q (which will probably be its death also)...

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    It's a shame that Cadillac, Mercedes (especially) and BMW are all losing sales to a rebadged Toyota. An Infiniti can be considered a "rebadged" Nissan and an Acura can be considered a "rebadged" Honda. Which doesn't mean much. An Audi is a "rebadged" Volkswagen. Volkswagen OWNS Lamborghini... So what difference does it makes whether or not something is "rebadged"? You certainly get a lot more respect in the "rebadged" model. And, the rebadged model usually has better equipment (engine, transmission, suspension, etc).

Honda/Acura makes the NSX
    Toyota made the Supra which made ZR-1 owners sweat.
    And Nissan made the 300ZX which did the same.
    Audi makes the RS6 - Know what that is?

I have plenty of respect for these car companies.. They build good cars.
    I think you misunderstood me big time. Toyota does use rebadged toyotas so does acura. Infinity in the other hand uses different platform. Also Supra isn't near zr-1 in performance in a stock form but thanks to its iron block i6 it can be tuned to be a dyno queen.
    I've mentioned audi rs6 somewhere. And yes i know what those things are.

Infiniti used all the same platforms (or at least did) for all their cars except for the Q! J30/I30 used maxima/300zx, G20 used sentra....

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by elwesso
    Infiniti used all the same platforms (or at least did) for all their cars except for the Q! J30/I30 used maxima/300zx, G20 used sentra....
    that was before not now.

True! That was a pointless post, i was bad mouthing my brand!!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Originally posted by Elvis
    Acura doesn't even exist outside the US. They're ALL Hondas everywhere else.
    Actually we have Acura dealerships here. I know we have the "rebadged" Civic here called the Acura 1.7 EL. It is a loaded Civic with leather, power everything, heated seats, auto climate, etc. And as far as I've been told you do not have this model in the States.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition
    Sorry, Ralph. I forgot that Canada isn't a state.

yet

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    So what's the point about platform sharing?
    What's REALLY bad about it? I mean I know what people THINK about it but can anyone explain why they feel it's a bad thing?
    Platform and/or component sharing helps cut costs across the board and CAN lead to better servicability and durability of the platform over time. I think this is another time when the consumer has been led around by the press and "told" that the sharing is a bad thing, and everybody just buys into it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.