Cadillac or Other manufacturers - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: #1 Luxury car maker

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadillac

32 57.14%
  • Lexus

2 3.57%
  • Infinity

2 3.57%
  • BMW

7 12.50%
  • Mercedes

11 19.64%
  • Other

2 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac or Other manufacturers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally posted by Devil_concours Here is my point of view on all luxury brands Cadillac - ultimate comfort Mercedes - ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    Originally posted by Devil_concours
    Here is my point of view on all luxury brands

Cadillac - ultimate comfort
    Mercedes - Ultimate performance/bragging rights
    BMW - Ultimate handling machine
    Lexus - Rebadged Toyota
    Infiniti - BMW of Japan
    Lincoln - Abraham will be ashamed of sharing name with this company
    It's a shame that Cadillac, Mercedes (especially) and BMW are all losing sales to a rebadged Toyota. An Infiniti can be considered a "rebadged" Nissan and an Acura can be considered a "rebadged" Honda. Which doesn't mean much. An Audi is a "rebadged" Volkswagen. Volkswagen OWNS Lamborghini... So what difference does it makes whether or not something is "rebadged"? You certainly get a lot more respect in the "rebadged" model. And, the rebadged model usually has better equipment (engine, transmission, suspension, etc).

Honda/Acura makes the NSX
    Toyota made the Supra which made ZR-1 owners sweat.
    And Nissan made the 300ZX which did the same.
    Audi makes the RS6 - Know what that is?

I have plenty of respect for these car companies.. They build good cars.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Originally posted by ztikmedia
    The lexus was not a lemon. They have a list of standard problems which happen on about 85% of their cars.

Here are the main problems.
    Power steering pump leaks. (the high pressure hose)
    Cloudy headlights, they fill with water and moisture (only on sc's)
    Burnt out gauge needles.
    Front control arm bushings

There are also a few other things which don't happen too often.
    The motor itself is top qaulity and will still be fine long after the body has feel apart.
    THOSE are the MAIN problems?! For God's sake never buy a Lexus!
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Yes, Infiniti is more of a drivers car than Lexus. Lexus looks to be more comfortable than a tight handler. Their cars have excellent power as well. But, they're less of a drivers car than many.

I'm glad to hear the DeVille is doing well enough to place Cadillac to 2nd on that list up there..

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    It's a shame that Cadillac, Mercedes (especially) and BMW are all losing sales to a rebadged Toyota. An Infiniti can be considered a "rebadged" Nissan and an Acura can be considered a "rebadged" Honda. Which doesn't mean much. An Audi is a "rebadged" Volkswagen. Volkswagen OWNS Lamborghini... So what difference does it makes whether or not something is "rebadged"? You certainly get a lot more respect in the "rebadged" model. And, the rebadged model usually has better equipment (engine, transmission, suspension, etc).
    Using this logic, a Cadillac is a rebadged Chevy. And a Lincoln/Volvo/Jaguar/Aston Martin/Range Rover is a rebadged Ford.

Realistically, only the Japanese makers rebadge their car's for the US. And that's because no one would even consider paying 50,000+ for a Toyota.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition
    Acura doesn't even exist outside the US. They're ALL Hondas everywhere else.

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by Elvis
    Acura doesn't even exist outside the US. They're ALL Hondas everywhere else.
    Nor should they! And they're all junk to me!

Originally posted by kcnewell
    Nor should they! And they're all junk to me!
    10 bucks says Honda beats GM in this years Indy 500.

20 Bucks says Honda AND Toyota finish before GM in this years Indy 500.

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Who cares? I don't drive an Indy car. Indy cars have as much in common with production cars as stock cars do.....Nothing! Besides watching a bunch of idiots making a left turn for two hours isn't my idea of a good time! Drag racing is the only kind of racing I'm interested in.....5 seconds, It's over......On to the next race!

Originally posted by kcnewell
    Indy cars have as much in common with production cars as stock cars do.....Nothing!
    The IRL is using a 'stock block' V8 design so that it would have a bearing on production car's.

But don't worry, Toyota is coming to a drag strip near you!

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    I also dont see the point in racing like that. Watching cars go round and round gets boring fast. its only fun to watch the crashes, and for that I can goto demolition derby!

Originally posted by elwesso
    I also dont see the point in racing like that. Watching cars go round and round gets boring fast. its only fun to watch the crashes, and for that I can goto demolition derby!
    And your in Indiana?

You should hang your head in shame.

I don't like the way people say one car is a "rebadged" something or other. I was using the word sarcastically.

The point HotRodSaint is trying to make, I think, is that foreign cars aren't laughable anymore. And it seems juvenile to hate all other makes because they're not American. It's cool to be patriotic but not to the point where you're blind to fact and reality. But to each his/her own.

The fact is, as Cadillac owners, we can't turn our noses up to everybody anymore. That's what BMW, Mercedes and others do to US now. All we can hope for is to level the playing field for a change.

Go ahead. Drive up next to the top of the line Mercedes or BMW and give them a smirk. You'll look absolutely ridiculous and the owner of the other vehicle will feel sorry for you...

We're all biased here - and that's fine. But I want this forum to be a reasonable one. I don't want a "Cadillac rules all" mentality. We're not a bunch of little idiots who run around all day saying, "mines better than yours".

We own Cadillacs and we love them. We love them more than any other car out there. And if we have a brain, we want them to BE better than any other car out there. And that's not going to happen unless we acknowledge the fact that there ARE better cars out there...

If YOU had a business, why would you spend all sorts of money improving your product if it was the best out there?

Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    The point HotRodSaint is trying to make, I think, is that...it seems juvenile to hate all other makes because they're not American.
    I'm an auto enthusiast first, then I'm an American.

If I really wanted to be patriotic right now, I'd refuse to buy any car made in, or that used parts that were made in, Canada, Germany or France.

That would eliminate most, if not all of the American car's sold today. That would leave me with Japanese car's as my sole choice.

But the world isn't flat, and I don't car if Getrag is German as long as the CTS-V uses it to shift through 6 gears.

A good car is a good car, and a bad car is a bad car. Where it is made, isn't important. The Aztek is the ugliest car since the Pacer! Which, like the Edsel before those, were all American.

And lastly, the anti-ricer rhetoric on this board is bordering racism. Which isn't at all a pro-America stance.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    If you refuse to admit the "product" has room for improvement, then the "product" will never improve.

Cadillac's single biggest product-related problem is their engines.
    Since 1985 they have been struggling to produce a reliable V8 engine for their cars. Think REAL hard. If the Northstar had NO oil consumption issues, oil leakage issues, or head gasket issues, what would the overall opinion be of the car?
    In the end, all the cool features and styling in the world won't help you if the car's sitting in the dealer waiting to be fixed.

Originally posted by Katshot
    If you refuse to admit the "product" has room for improvement, then the "product" will never improve.
    Exactly.

Remember when Iaccoca was complaining about how the US makers couldn't compete because there wasn't a level playing field?

What happened? They (the Japanese and Germans) came to the home field and started making car's using the same labor force and same parts suppliers. Guess what? They also make them better here on a level playing field.

I'm glad Cadillac isn't whining anymore and is actually attempting to play with the big boys. It's taken 30 years to loose the worlds respect. It might take them 30 more to get it back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.