Cadillac or Other manufacturers - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: #1 Luxury car maker

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadillac

32 57.14%
  • Lexus

2 3.57%
  • Infinity

2 3.57%
  • BMW

7 12.50%
  • Mercedes

11 19.64%
  • Other

2 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac or Other manufacturers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Kinda like when oil prices rise because they have to put a additive in. Then rise again when they have ...
    kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Kinda like when oil prices rise because they have to put a additive in. Then rise again when they have to take it out. And then they feed us a B.S. line about having to re-tool the refinery.
    I think that kind of thing sucks......But, I'll keep buying our cars over their cars.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one
    While Cadillacs are the best looking, are American, and have awesome engines, and awesome luxury features...the truth remains that they are last in maintenance, depreciate the most the quickest, and when they get above 60,000 miles, at least for me ...things start going wrong.
    I would take a Mercedes over a Caddy. I love the Mercedes SL 500, as well as the BMW 745'S. Caddy mechanical reliability isn't very good... What good is a luxury car if it's always in the shop?

1. Mercedes
    2. Bentley
    3. BMW
    4. Lexus
    5. Acura
    6. Cadillac
    7. Infiniti

this list might be different than yours, but I rate mechanical reliabilty the highest overall factor.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by AirJigga25
    While Cadillacs are the best looking, are American, and have awesome engines, and awesome luxury features...the truth remains that they are last in maintenance, depreciate the most the quickest, and when they get above 60,000 miles, at least for me ...things start going wrong.
    I would take a Mercedes over a Caddy. I love the Mercedes SL 500, as well as the BMW 745'S. Caddy mechanical reliability isn't very good... What good is a luxury car if it's always in the shop?

1. Mercedes
    2. Bentley
    3. BMW
    4. Lexus
    5. Acura
    6. Cadillac
    7. Infiniti

this list might be different than yours, but I rate mechanical reliabilty the highest overall factor.
    as i stated in numerous threads, it's not the reliabiltiy issue, it has more to do with not enough qualified ppl to do repairs issue. Also once you start having problems with german luxury cars, have fun with repeated visits epecially with electrical problems.
    Also paying over a grand for a tuneup on 850 sounds very ridiculous.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one
    Originally posted by Devil_concours
    as i stated in numerous threads, it's not the reliabiltiy issue, it has more to do with not enough qualified ppl to do repairs issue. Also once you start having problems with german luxury cars, have fun with repeated visits epecially with electrical problems.
    Also paying over a grand for a tuneup on 850 sounds very ridiculous.
    Point well taken...however, to me a luxury car is a car that has great reliability to begin with. Part of the luxury is not having to worry about mechanical problems early in the car's life. Therefore to me, a luxury car's ranking depends on reliability as well.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    And, another point, with those 850s, you may only have to tune it up 1 every 36k miles, where other cars may need more frequent tuneups.

gspencer914 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Just by a caddi and get it over with people. Those who have one love them (most of the time). There are many other manufactures of luxury autos, BUT ONLY ONE CADILLAC. Just wanted to bring Cadillac back into the discussion. Thanks for your support. Can I get an AMEN?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    AMMEN!!!! ----> cadillac

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles
    Wes and all! I think Caddy takes a bum rap on many posts. Tried to post on the hread that KC closed. So here it is. Check yeasterdays JD Power reliability figures for 2003. Lexus ,,was first. Caddilac second. Infiniti third.

Infinit..(Nissan) is half owned by Rebault. If you want tosend your money to France, go ahead. It is stll a free country. I like the Cadillac.

TY for listening.

Yes I need a spellcheck...lol

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition
    re: ljklaiber's post

Here's a USA Today link:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...-quality_x.htm

Be sure to click inside the box labeled "RELATED CHARTS" to see the rankings in more detail.

GM is about average, but Caddy did very well. The CTS and DeVille both got top three rankings in their respective classes.

WAY TO GO CADDY!

Thanks Elvis!

I too old to be puter savvy ..lol. drove up and back to Macon today on business. My old 95 hit 140k miles as it cruised at 85 mph. It didnt dump its crank when i kicked down and went 125 near Statesboro. Must be some thing wrong here.

Memphis got a big celebration and BBQ bout now. Is that right?

Memphis a fine city Bro!

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition
    BBQ is a week from tomorrow, judging on 5/17 (I think).

You don't wanna be down there on the river unless you want the smell of hickory and charcoal smoke in your hair until Memorial Day.

Glad I got all that out of my system before it became such a big national hairy deal. It used to be fun to go down there, now it's a nightmare.

Hollis Walker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lexus reliability

Hard to understand the Lexus bug problems--my wife put 60,000 miles on her first one and it was in the shop one time for repairs--a rock hit one of the headlights. She is on her second one, with 20+K on the odometer and has had no problems. (LS400's) All her milage is in town, which I understand to be one of the hardest kinds, and most of that short trips. (Anything to keep her awqy from my Allante).

Hollis

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Lexus reliability

Originally posted by Hollis Walker
    Hard to understand the Lexus bug problems--my wife put 60,000 miles on her first one and it was in the shop one time for repairs--a rock hit one of the headlights. She is on her second one, with 20+K on the odometer and has had no problems. (LS400's) All her milage is in town, which I understand to be one of the hardest kinds, and most of that short trips. (Anything to keep her awqy from my Allante).

Hollis
    Are they as reliable as a Caddy or any other Jap?

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved
    infiniti is beatter than lexus , its more of a drivers car than the cushy lexus ill take my old G20 anyday over my Deville or a IS300

makes me sad to say that , id give a left ...something... to have a Q45a in good shape with new chain guides

ill hand it to caddy tho , id give a G20 up in a heartbeat for a CTS-V

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.