Cadillac or Other manufacturers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: #1 Luxury car maker

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadillac

32 57.14%
  • Lexus

2 3.57%
  • Infinity

2 3.57%
  • BMW

7 12.50%
  • Mercedes

11 19.64%
  • Other

2 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac or Other manufacturers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Here is my view on all these mfgs Cadillac- the TRUE american luxuary car Lexus- Great cars, overpriced Infiniti- Too ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Here is my view on all these mfgs
    Cadillac- the TRUE american luxuary car
    Lexus- Great cars, overpriced
    Infiniti- Too cheap to buy lexus, but just as good as lexus (just doesnt have the same popularity.)
    BMW- no one really realized how bad the older models were, but new ones are golden
    MB- a car that makes you look rich, more expensive and better than BMW

my top three cars
    1. Cadillac XLR
    2. Infiniti Q45 ( )
    3. BMW 760

ztikmedia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ive owned most of those. I had a cadillac eldorado for over 1 year. I never ever had one problem with it! All I did was change the oil, nothing else. Guess how many miles it had on it? 185,000!
    I sold it to my brother and it now has over 200,000 miles. Its a 92 and is still in great condition.

The reason I sold it was because I bought a newer lexus sc400. Those things have so many problems. There is standard problems that you will have to fix on those things. They always happen to them no matter what, they are errors and lexus refuses to fix them.
    Ive put about 17,000 in repairs into the thing in the 9 months that I owned it.

Im gonna get rid of that POS and get another cadillac

Good plan!!!!

What kind of problems did you have, just curious?! Lexus are known for good reliability, maybe you just have a lemon!

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Here is my point of view on all luxury brands

Cadillac - ultimate comfort
    Mercedes - Ultimate performance/bragging rights
    BMW - Ultimate handling machine
    Lexus - Rebadged Toyota
    Infiniti - BMW of Japan
    Lincoln - Abraham will be ashamed of sharing name with this company

Thats interesting..... So you think infiniti (NO Y IN INFINITI!!) is better than lexus.

KC, I know it doesnt matter because ITS ALL RICE!!!

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by elwesso
    What kind of problems did you have, just curious?! Lexus are known for good reliability, maybe you just have a lemon!

Lexus are known for.........Whatever! The fact is that as usual people unrealisticly claim that they're great cars while overlooking the common problems that they have! If they have the same problems with a Cadillac, It's because they're American cars and everyone knows that American cars are crap! Those problems in a precious import car are simply idiosyncratic......'Cause everyone knows that The foreign car companies can " Do no wrong". Give me a break!

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante
    I guess it all depends on what type of vehicle you need.

I prefer convertables so the XLR would be first on the list. The MB SL 500 & 600 are sweet, but I'd take the Cadillac. Next down the list would be the Corvette then the BMW. I never liked the Lexus convertable at all so it doesn't even make the list. The Audi is nice, but I never thought much of Audi.

Four door luxury cars would start with the STS. The DeVille is just too big, and the STS is just right. MB is to over the top for me, and BMW is nice in the 500 and 700 series. Just to expensive for me. I have a friend with a Toyota and Lexus dealership, and he says the Avalon is a much better car than the Lexus for value and reliability. Price is better also on the Avalon. I never had much desire for the Acura or Infinity.

Two door luxury cars would be my choice after the convertable. I guess since Cadillac killed the best looking car on the planet, I would buy a used ETC over any other car. If a hard top Corvette fell into my lap, I would't complain too much. I Would love a Viper, but would settle for an M3 or M5.

I have owned SUV's for the last several years, but am considering a full size extended cab 1/2 or 3/4 Ton 4X4 pick'em up truck. I need more room to haul things, and the extended cab would have seating as good as what I have now. I like the GMC and Chevrolet trucks first, and then would consider Dodge for the engine and transmission combinations. Ford just isn't my type of car or truck. The new Toyota full size truck is nice, but just dosen't seem large egnough for my needs.

Thats why the make Chocolate and Vanilla, to give us a choice!

ztikmedia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The lexus was not a lemon. They have a list of standard problems which happen on about 85% of their cars.

Here are the main problems.
    Power steering pump leaks. (the high pressure hose)
    Cloudy headlights, they fill with water and moisture (only on sc's)
    Burnt out gauge needles.
    Front control arm bushings

There are also a few other things which don't happen too often.
    The motor itself is top qaulity and will still be fine long after the body has feel apart.

That is very true. On the 90-93 Qs, the timing chain guides fail, because their made out of plastic!!! Thats why i am believing more and more that imports arent any better than domestics. The only thing I notice is that they seem to be put together tighter. There arent any squeaks or rattles in mine, but there were rattles in our tahoe before we sold it. Although, we are comparing an SUV to a luxuary car.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by elwesso
    Thats interesting..... So you think infiniti (NO Y IN INFINITI!!) is better than lexus.

KC, I know it doesnt matter because ITS ALL RICE!!!
    yes. I think infiniti is definitely better than lexus. Lexus doesn't have anything to offer to the public other than their reputation for quality but i'm not so sure if their quality is still top notch. Look at them rebadge just about every single suv that toyota sells.
    Infiniti in the other hand is offering something spectacular, g35 coupe/sedan, fx45, m45.

I agree. I dont know what makes lexus better than infiniti. They are just as comfortable, infiniti outperformes (Q vs LS), outhandles, and is just more advanced. You may say they are more reliable, but there are MANY Qs with 250k+. I just dont get it, but at least you know you have a good product and they are cheaper to buy.

94 Q45 with 120k- 8000 blue book
    94 LS400 with 120k- 12k blue book

I have NO IDEA what makes either one of them a consideration.....Other than the old " America bad, Import good" Mentality. I hear plenty of B.S. about how great they are but if you go to sites like this pertaining to them you see as many horror stories about them as about any other cars! Then you have to come here ( To a Cadillac site )To hear constant blather about how wonderful they are! Truly amazing!

I am not saying in any way they are better, becuase they arent. It is just a difference in build, possibly.

Resulting in what? A cheesey car built a different way? What's your point?

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by kcnewell
    I have NO IDEA what makes either one of them a consideration.....Other than the old " America bad, Import good" Mentality.
    I think mechanically, car's are very close in quality now days.

What car makers are finally learning (after 100 years) is that we buy car's because they look and perform good.

What I hate about all American car makers, is that they will raise the prices as the Yen or Euro strenghtens. Just because the Germans (or Japanese) are at a price disadvantage, doesn't mean it's time to be greedy. If they'd halt their greed for a year or two, then they could take over some market share.

So I guess what I'm saying is the car's are just as good, but the executives aren't. Which is what created the "America bad, Import good" mentality in the first place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.