'08 BMW M3 STATS...Hopefully GM can get it together
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, '08 BMW M3 STATS...Hopefully GM can get it together in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 2008 BMW M3: The inline six is gone...replaced by a 4.0 liter V8 producing 419 hp and 300lb- ft of ...
    BigAndyZV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 cts-v

'08 BMW M3 STATS...Hopefully GM can get it together

2008 BMW M3:
    The inline six is gone...replaced by a 4.0 liter V8 producing 419 hp and 300lb- ft of torque. Redlines at 8400!! And they got rid of the SMG pos and now only offers in six speed standard. Looks impressive..from my own experience our stock V can take a stock M3...although mine is modded and ive pulled away significantly on every M3 encounter....I hope GM stays on top and really makes improvements to the upcoming V....One of the main reasons I went with the V and not the beemer M3 was bc our V's could smoke em. I really hope it stays that way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: '08 BMW M3 STATS...Hopefully GM can get it together

Im sure it wont be a problem...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

A lightly modded current-gen V will smoke that- the 2009 will decimate it.

Don't worry.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

I've been reading up more and more on this new M3 and it sounds like it will be quite a car but I think the next gen CTS-V will be able to beat on it pretty good. The next gen CTS-V will have the current Z06's LS7 and will have 500+ hp according to insiders. But at the same time BMW and the M lineup have never really been worried about being the fastest straight line acceleration cars, they are more worried about being a better all around car and they always have them tuned for being track cars instead of 1/4 mile monsters. But either way it's always nice to see everybody building better and faster cars because it benefits us (the consumers) the most

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Heard a rumor today regarding the '09 CTS-V. My source is certainly connected (as they say), but not sure just how well informed he is.

For what it's worth, he says "LS7" BUT -- and here's the rub -- it's not quite the same as the current Z06 powerplant. More like 460-ish hp with slightly skimpier internals.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I'm not surprised. They have a history of doing this. Taking a Cadillac and using a Chevy engine but detuning it ie., the LT1 in the Fleetwoods and the LS6 from the Z06

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

The current Motortrend says the '09 CTS-V will have a 600hp supercharged LS7. The '09 ZO6 will get a 700hp version.

If that actually pans out I will be the first one to put in a deposit...though it will undoubtedly cost $80k.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V View Post
    The current Motortrend says the '09 CTS-V will have a 600hp supercharged LS7. The '09 ZO6 will get a 700hp version.

If that actually pans out I will be the first one to put in a deposit...though it will undoubtedly cost $80k.
    The CTS-V won't have a supercharged LS7. The 700 hp Vette is that Blue Devil one and in a interview with a GM official the guy was saying that you probably won't be able to get your hands on one for under $150k

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    The CTS-V won't have a supercharged LS7. The 700 hp Vette is that Blue Devil one and in a interview with a GM official the guy was saying that you probably won't be able to get your hands on one for under $150k
    Page 18 of the new Motor Trend is claiming the next gen CTS-V is going to have a 600hp blown LS7. Reference the 09 CTS-V thread in the V section.

mocts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)

not much torque and thats where the cts-v beats it. also it needs to get to 8400rpm to get all the power while the cts-v doesnt

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm not surprised. They have a history of doing this. Taking a Cadillac and using a Chevy engine but detuning it ie., the LT1 in the Fleetwoods and the LS6 from the Z06
    The LS6 in the V is identical to that of the Z06, save for some changes to the accessory drive due to packaging reasons and, of course, the intake tube (straight vs. bent). No internals were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    The LS6 in the V is identical to that of the Z06, save for some changes to the accessory drive due to packaging reasons and, of course, the intake tube (straight vs. bent). No internals were changed.
    The CTS-V has slightly less hp and tq compared to the Z06 but nothing huge

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The CTS-V has slightly less hp and tq compared to the Z06 but nothing huge
    The V's hp has been fairly close to what's advertised. The Z06 usually has been conservatively rated...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.