03 M3 vs 07 CTSV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 03 M3 vs 07 CTSV in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 07 v thats stock besides a k and n intake and my friend has a 03 m3 ...
    bknyginy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

03 M3 vs 07 CTSV

I have a 07 v thats stock besides a k and n intake and my friend has a 03 m3 with exhuast and a carbon fiber hood. He talks a lot of shit but i never listen to him. yesterday he said something stupid in front of a bunch of guys so know i gotta shut him up and take him to the track. Do i have anything to worry about? cause if i do im going to buy the corsa tom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingpin08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: 03 M3 vs 07 CTSV

i think a street race would be better for you, but you should have no problem at all, especially from a roll.
    take a video!

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

yea if u dont know how to launch the car (and pull at least a 2.0 60 foot) then dont goto the track, cause he will beat you. However if you have mastered the 60 foot and can pull a 2.0, you should be well ahead. From a roll, you should put a bus on him.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Yep, the M3 is just a lot easier to launch from a stop. You'll need more than a 1/4 mile to catch up if you mess up the launch. Punch him from a roll and it's no contest. Honestly, the Corsa probably won't help much anyway...unless you're just trying to scare him with the sound of displacement.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

You should have him. I'm not 100% sure as to how much of a difference just an exhaust does for an M3 but the carbon fiber hood does nothing. It's more there for looks then anything else. But I'd put my money on the CTS-V

speedemon9r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

You should have no problem at all. My buddy has a '03 M3 and I have driven it hard . No comparison in my opinion.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

I saw my grandma banging an m3 up th @$$

Take him down, We beat the krauts in Double-U Double-U Two, you can smoke him American style today. And better yet, Cadillac Style.

Wiseguy2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS and a bunch of BMWs

Faster in a straight line.. E46 M3 has 323hp in US trim and you have, what, 400? Also the CTS-V is one of the VERY few cars with a useable back seat that can run with the M3 in the twisties... which is what the M3 was built for, not drag racing. I saw a CTS-V at a track event last year really terrorizing a few M3s.. was a fun thing to watch!

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

haha i love terror.

StealthCTSVJJL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Race from a roll and you will kill him, I blew one away easily from 65 to 120 mph, all I can tell you is that he was shocked, speaking to him afterwards he had no idea the V even existed. Thats what still makes this car some much fun!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.