cts vs g35
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, cts vs g35 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hi, my friend wants to go, he just got a g35x ... all wheel drive 2004. i have an '06 ...
    the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

cts vs g35

hi,
    my friend wants to go, he just got a g35x ... all wheel drive 2004.

i have an '06 cts 3.6L, rear wheel drive
    Both cars are auto... At stock, whats the likelihood that i'll beat him (my traction control off, both of our cars totally stock)

predictions?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: cts vs g35

I think it would be a drivers race even though you both have automatics. But I'm not too familar with the G35X. I think the G35 might get you out of the hole due to the AWD but I think you might catch him. I'd say let us know how it goes

ya i will, i just gotta kick his ass--him and everyone else have been dissing cadi left and right since he got his car!

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    ya i will, i just gotta kick his ass--him and everyone else have been dissing cadi left and right since he got his car!
    I saw on a website that I go to see what cars can do in the 1/4 I saw that they had a 3.6 CTS on there and that it ran a 15.0 but it didn't specify whether it was auto or stick. They also had a G35 Sedan but no G35X and the sedan did a 1/4 in 14.8. So either the AWD is going to help it out in the 1/4 or hurt it. I think it would hurt it due to more drivetrain loss due to the AWD setup and due to more weight due to the AWD setup as well. I dunno if Infiniti gave the car any power boost at all to compensate but I highly doubt it. I would think you would win. Either way if people are talking crap about your Caddy and you do lose then you will probably get some props because the Infiniti (if it does beat you) isn't going to be beating you by a lot. But either way you shouldn't worry about what people say about your car. Drive what you like

o no, dont get me wrong, i love my car -- i just wanna show every1 where they can shove it you know?

o no, dont get me wrong, i love my car -- i just wanna show every1 where they can shove it you know?
    Been there before with my old 1991 Ford Taurus SHO+ and my 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. It's always fun to listen to people run their mouth and then when you lay the smack down on them nothing gives you more joy then to hear nothing but silence from them afterwards

si

so wats every1's predictions!!!??

are blackout and i the only ones on this thread?!?!?

are blackout and i the only ones on this thread?!?!?
    Pretty much. The versus and road kills sections don't get a lot of traffic

EDIT: I just happened to see your from Jersey. Where at in NJ you from?

blunted is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Eldorado , '12 CTS Coupe

People are crappin on your CTS over a G35x?? WTF kind of kids are you hanging out with.. the G35 Coupe I could kinda understand but the 4Dr? C'mon, smack those guys upside the head.

blunted is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Eldorado , '12 CTS Coupe

Oh btw.. everything I've read shows the g35 ontop by .1 seconds. I'd race him, it's gonna be close enough to shut some mouths.

good to know -- just want to find a place ... tired of having to worry bout cops or surprises... plus i want to be able to record it

any1 know of any good places in the northern NJ area

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Just make sure you get a good powerbrake launch, and don't let up!

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I've driven both the G35 sedan (RWD) and the CTS, and it will definitely be a driver's race.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    I saw on a website that I go to see what cars can do in the 1/4 I saw that they had a 3.6 CTS on there and that it ran a 15.0 but it didn't specify whether it was auto or stick. They also had a G35 Sedan but no G35X and the sedan did a 1/4 in 14.8. So either the AWD is going to help it out in the 1/4 or hurt it. I think it would hurt it due to more drivetrain loss due to the AWD setup and due to more weight due to the AWD setup as well. I dunno if Infiniti gave the car any power boost at all to compensate but I highly doubt it. I would think you would win. Either way if people are talking crap about your Caddy and you do lose then you will probably get some props because the Infiniti (if it does beat you) isn't going to be beating you by a lot. But either way you shouldn't worry about what people say about your car. Drive what you like
    I dont think the awd hardware will directly slow it down. I believe it has a viscous coupling (or something similiar) which disconnects it when not needed. There is only the extra weight which will take away a tenth or so of the ET. Of course when you are blasting off, it will certainly be needed for traction, and I dont know how much of a delay there is in going from awd to rwd.

In any case, don't count the G35 short. It is a fantastic car. At least as good as the CTS. I would take the CTS over it only for the fact that it is an American car.

And who cares who is faster in the 1/4. The 1/4 is just bragging rights and means absolutely nothing more. My 00 Maxima was probably the fastest V6 sedan around when I bought it. Now it isnt even close. Doesnt mean it isnt a great car anymore. Speed is relative, and there is always someone faster.

You like your CTS, he likes his G35, and everyone who is dissin on either is probably just jealous as they walk out to their Camrys and Malibus.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.