Hyundai Genesis
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Hyundai Genesis in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Looks like Hyundai has Lexus LS460 aspirations......
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Hyundai Genesis

Looks like Hyundai has Lexus LS460 aspirations...

Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Hyundai Genesis

AUTOBLOG.COM | Posted Mar 12th 2007 6:56PM by John Neff

Click above image to view two-high res renderings of the Hyundai Concept Genesis

We've collected quite an archive of posts showing you spy shots of a large V8-powered, rear-wheel drive prototype sedan from Hyundai called the Equus, for lack of an official name. Things are getting more official ahead of the New York Auto Show in early April where this car, the Concept Genesis, is slated to debut. We've just received these concept renderings of the Concept Genesis that preview what we believe will become the production large, rear-wheel drive sedan from Hyundai everyone is expecting.

The Concept Genesis is clearly a large car, bigger than Hyundai's current range-topping sedan, the front-wheel drive Azera. Overall the design is fairly simple, elegant even, with a Camry-like grille flanked by a pair of headlights the quickly retreat up the car's hood. The rear continues the classy theme with what looks like a single strip of chrome that bisects and connects the two taillights. The New York state license plate is a nice touch, too.

We know nothing more about the Concept Genesis except what we can glean from these renderings, but will be sure to bring you the full scoop from the show floor of the New York Auto Show in a few weeks.

Gallery: Hyundai Concept Genesis

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

So would this be the Peter Gabriel era Genesis or the Phil Collins era Genesis?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I see Hyundai is working with Toyota these days, or else they'd be getting their asses sued for so blatently ripping off that grill. I smell VW Phaeton. Who the hell wants to buy a luxo-Hyundai?

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350 View Post
    I see Hyundai is working with Toyota these days, or else they'd be getting their asses sued for so blatently ripping off that grill. I smell VW Phaeton. Who the hell wants to buy a luxo-Hyundai?
    I've been saying it for years to watch out for Hyundai. They're one of the few auto makers who's share in the market has been getting bigger while the big guys are losing market shares. I'm sure back in the early 90's people were saying the same thing about who would want to buy a luxury Nissan or Toyota and we all know how that ended up. I'm looking forward to the NYC Autoshow so I can check it out because after driving a fully loaded Azera I can only imagine as to how nice of a car this Genesis is going to be!

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I see a main difference in that Toyota launched Lexus and Nissan launched Infiniti as solely luxury brands. A Toyota LS400 wouldn't have had nearly the same penache (sp?) as the Lexus LS400 did in '89.

Biiig, biiig difference between the Volkswagen Phaeton and this new Hyundai. This car will be a rear wheel drive V8 with almost all the features you see in the Mercedes S550 and Lexus LS460 for around $35k...

Can you see the difference?

Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    I've been saying it for years to watch out for Hyundai. They're one of the few auto makers who's share in the market has been getting bigger while the big guys are losing market shares. I'm sure back in the early 90's people were saying the same thing about who would want to buy a luxury Nissan or Toyota and we all know how that ended up. I'm looking forward to the NYC Autoshow so I can check it out because after driving a fully loaded Azera I can only imagine as to how nice of a car this Genesis is going to be!
    You and I (and Katshot) have been saying it all along. I think around here, it's just us.. Hyundai is a serious competitor. They get better and better every year. First, the XG300/350, then the Azera (which I didn't like too much at first but it grew on me) - and now a V8 RWD with all the features a lxuury car buyer could ask for - for less than a 1990 Lexus LS400...

I see a main difference in that Toyota launched Lexus and Nissan launched Infiniti as solely luxury brands. A Toyota LS400 wouldn't have had nearly the same penache (sp?) as the Lexus LS400 did in '89.
    You're right and I do believe this will hurt sales.. But, the car will still sell.. However, like you mentioned... Do you think Lexus LS460 owners want to be in the same showroom as 17 year old kids jumping around like monkeys calling each other "Biznatches"? It's not only the showroom. What happens when you need service? Do you think this high-brow six figure executive wants to sit next to some pimply 16 year old jerkoff with his pants around his ankles while he's waiting?

The car is going to sell big-time, but it would actually steal a LOT of sales from Lexus and Mercedes if it wasn't called a Hyundai...

I gotta wonder if Hyundai is planning to do the same thing Mazda was planning on doing but never did...launching a seperate luxury division. Mazda had their 929 which gave them credibility in that field, and they were planning to launch their Millenia as the head of their luxury division called "Amanti" (or was it "Amati"?), but for whatever reason (and I'm sure Jesda knows) Mazda killed that idea and sold the Millenia as their flagship.

Current:

Past:

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I gotta wonder if Hyundai is planning to do the same thing Mazda was planning on doing but never did...launching a seperate luxury division. Mazda had their 929 which gave them credibility in that field, and they were planning to launch their Millenia as the head of their luxury division called "Amanti" (or was it "Amati"?), but for whatever reason (and I'm sure Jesda knows) Mazda killed that idea and sold the Millenia as their flagship.
    Hyundai was looking to make a separate luxury division back when there were rumblings about Ford selling Jaguar and Hyundai was looking to buy Jaguar off of Ford

Hmmmm... that would be odd, a Korean owned Jaguar.

Current:

Past:

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Car pics are out, IMO it looks stunning, but they have copied the Lexus
    http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...nesis_concept/

Quote Originally Posted by parexa View Post
    Car pics are out, IMO it looks stunning, but they have copied the Lexus
    http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...nesis_concept/
    I think I'm in love!

Horsepower will be "well over 300," pricing will start "well under $30,000," and 0-to-60 mph will be achieved in "well under six seconds." Those claims should be well within reach. The new engine, known at the Tau, is a 32-valve unit that Hyundai claims has been designed with the future in mind. That means the Tau is ready for larger displacements, forced induction, and other technologies.

I like the overall design, but the front end looks a bit too much like the '07 Camry..

Anyways, this just goes to show how potent Hyundai is in the current marketplace. Watch out Lexus!

Current:

Past:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.