Bought 2007 Mark LT today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Bought 2007 Mark LT today in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I decided to buy the 07 mark lt silver best colour hands down, I have my ext still but thats ...
    Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Bought 2007 Mark LT today

I decided to buy the 07 mark lt silver best colour hands down, I have my ext still but thats sold. It will be out of warrenty and for me to keep it its just going to be worth less and less. So before anything I did go drive the 07 escalade ext and it felt nice but there were things that I didnt like the arm rest was to far the older had it in the seat, they cheaped out on the lights in the bed, I had 2 the tail gate has no plastic protection at the edge older ones did. When I would use ramps and put wood in stuff with the tailgate down. Also the sunscreen has no sides or top or adjustable lights for the mirror and the number one thing the towing capacity has dropped to just under 7000 pounds I dont know how this happened but consider that it has more power and torque whats it good for if I cant tow my trailer anymore. Also the style looks to much as a avalanche and denali. If you look from the sides and rear. The older ones had more style in my eyes. So in conclusion I know that the 07 ext has the 6 speed and air suspension which is a plus, I need to tow in the end. Also it was 20000 + cheaper then the ext. I did get silver mark lt with tow package, navi, sunroof, etc fully loaded. And I got it for a steal at $51000 canadain. Also one more thing and dislike no bedliner had to pay extra 500 also also the bed is actually 6.5 feet which is very niiiiice. So I will be coming back and forth and maybe I might come back but one thing for sure it was good times with the ext

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Bought 2007 Mark LT today

The LT is a nice truck, I drove one, it just lacked power. According to the Caddy web site the EXT for 2007 tows 7600 lbs. Good luck with your new truck

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Yes, a terrific truck. A different breed than an EXT, being based on a F-150 pickup and not an SUV like the EXT, but a very luxurious and attractive truck nonetheless--and, for the most part, nicely priced for what you get considering how much a fully loaded F-150 goes for, but still isn't in the same caliber.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Congrats on the new truck. What is it with Cadillac owners getting Lincolns? (I can say that since I just leased a MKZ.) We must be getting older. Next thing you know, we'll be driving Buicks.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Garnet Red Metallic

My sister almost bought one.. but ended up going with a Ford F-150 King Ranch Edition instead. It has every possible option and she saved $6800 over getting the Lincoln. The interior on both was almost identical.

Goodluck with the Lincoln!
    1996 Cadillac Fleetwood "SS"- sold but not forgotten
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

I had both of the trucks next to each other, and I will admit its hard to let the ext go good all around truck to bad dealers mechanics are worthless. I would of kept it but time to change I guess. One thing thou It doesnt matter what extra bells and whistle something new has its always your first love that you never forget.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Now I DO expect to see you at www.LincolnOwners.com!
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Yes I did join but there isnt as much members as here, I dont know why?

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

Cadillac owners are an enthusiastic sort...

Weird thing with those towing capacities, considering a 1992 Brougham was rated for 9000lbs, and it's not pickup based in any way.

Hey, I'm another one that jumped ship to buy a Lincoln. I still have my 1991 Deville for snowy days (those cars rule in the snow), but it only took one drive in my 94 Town Car, and I was instantly in love. The ride is sublime. The almost complete lack of wind rush on the highway is great, you don't even have to turn up the stereo until you hit 80mph or so. And the fact that OTHER people's engines in cars next to you sound louder than yours when you're cocooned inside your TC is just amazing. Have I mentioned that an honest 18 feet of car is just majestic looking in your driveway? At idle, the 4.6 V8 is so utterly silent, you don't even know that the car is running (no V8 burble at all).

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Its a damn good truck, period. I rented an F-series once and came away with a very positive impression of the platform. With Lincoln luxuries I suspect it would be a perfect combination of everyday driver and workhorse.

One reason to buy the Lincoln over the King Ranch is the availability of a better dealer network. Lincoln owners are among the most satisfied in the auto industry.

vacuumbed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Seville STS

Don't feel bad for jumping ship. I am a Ford man. I have Ford's and plenty of them, never owned a GM before.

I'm now buying a 03 Seville STS with NAV to add to my fleet!

Yeah, one magazine (I think it was Motor Trend) said recently in a review "imagine, Ford's best car is a truck" with regards to the latest F-150. It scores tops for having the most car-like ride of any pickup, yet is still tops in terms of workhorse factor, maybe with the exception of the Dodges. But the Rams are no compromises pickup, and don't even try to disguise that fact. It's just too bad that Ford pulled the plug on the Mark LT in favour of a 'platinum edition' F-150. What are they thinking?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.