Srt8 Dyno Truth - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Srt8 Dyno Truth in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; they seem to be giving the cts-v some good rep PS: its better to read the thread from the beginning ...
    rblimas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los

CTS-V vs. 300C SRT8

they seem to be giving the cts-v some good rep

PS: its better to read the thread from the beginning or if your lazy just go to posts #29, #30, #31, #36, & #37

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/gen...s-v-600hp.html
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: CTS-V vs. 300C SRT8

2nd post today.

Don't care about the 300C forums, No really, Don't care.

IBTM or L.

roadracerx72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): That real fast one...

I guess I cared enough to become a member on December 2005. Think I will post my first post.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I wrote, starred in and directed this movie, so I already know how it ends. Let me know when you're done.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Hey, I lined up against one the other night at the gas pump. I said to the guy "you know, we should run these 2 cars". He laughed, I saw his wife in the passenger seat, as we filled up we talked a bit. We both finished filling up roughly at the same time and headed for the exit, me in front of him.

I pull out rather slow, he pulls out behind me. I put my foot in it and I lose him in the rearview mirror.

All I can picture is his wife in the seat yippy yapping at him that he better not try to keep up.

Poor SRT owner, he needs to grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Hey, I lined up against one the other night at the gas pump. I said to the guy "you know, we should run these 2 cars". He laughed, I saw his wife in the passenger seat, as we filled up we talked a bit. We both finished filling up roughly at the same time and headed for the exit, me in front of him.

I pull out rather slow, he pulls out behind me. I put my foot in it and I lose him in the rearview mirror.

All I can picture is his wife in the seat yippy yapping at him that he better not try to keep up.

Poor SRT owner, he needs to grow a pair.
    Unfortunately we haven't seen many credible SRT-8 vs. V runs. CTS or STS for that matter. There's another thread on 300Cforums regarding a STS-V encounter and the SRT-8 pulling away from him on multiple runs. Again, no video, no STS-V owner to validate the runs. I'd love to run a CTS-V or an STS-V. Can't find anyone local who wants to try. Oh well. I wait.

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Joined the SRT8 Community.....

Well folks.... the title is true, I joined the SRT8 crowd. I will say my 2005 CTS-V was a GREAT car I did a 3-year lease that started in Aug 2004, so I'm inside the 3 month window and couldn't pass up a great deal.

I never had any problems with the car and I drove the CRAP out of it, I put 46k pain-free miles on it. Only problems were one of the NAV buttons chipped off and I did have some rear end clunk and the rear bushings were replaced, both things covered under warranty. Other than that.... great car and I'll be back when the 09' V's come out, it will probably be in 2010, I seem to keep cars about 3 years.

I looked at leasing an 07 V, but there is just no deals out there, nothing special, no rebates.... nothing.

I decided on a 2007 Charger becasue all Chargers have a $3500 rebate right now no matter if it's an RT or SRT8. This car has every option, Nav, etc.... and the interior is a little nicer than the V's in my opinion, I like the seats better and the car is a little bigger with more front seat, back seat and definatley more trunk space. With a growing family at home and many times I'm driving people around due to being in sales, the little bit larger vehicle is nice.

Total price out the door, I mean total including all tax's, fee's, etc.... was $41620, that's what I wrote a check for. Hard price to beat for a vehicle just as fast as the V.

I'm turning in the V later this week, so it's last miles will come on Thursday or Friday. I'll miss it, but I look at it this way..... I'm trading in a Hot Blond model girlfriend for a Hot Victoria secrets Brunette girlfriend..... that's how I look at it. The New-ness of the SRT8 is great, But I'll get tired of banging her.... I mean driving her after a while.......

VinMan out...........

Anyone want a Stealth V intake tube......?

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Joined the SRT8 Community.....

Sad to see ya go

How much for the intake tube?

gergreg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 RedLine Cadillac CTS-V

Why would you buy the Charger outright if you planned on getting a 2009 CTS-V? You seem like a lease kind of person as you said that you keep cars for three years. To me, it would seem that it would have made more sense to lease the charger...

Welcome! If you plan on modding her (the car I mean) let me know. I can give you some advice from a year and a half of ownership, 40,000 trouble free miles, great vendors, great forums, etc. If you're impressed by the power now, wait until 5,000 miles are on the odometer. DCX has "break-in" software in these cars. You will have a new vehicle at 5,001 miles. Much, much more to discuss. Take care and PM if interested.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Welcome! If you plan on modding her (the car I mean) let me know. I can give you some advice from a year and a half of ownership, 40,000 trouble free miles, great vendors, great forums, etc. If you're impressed by the power now, wait until 5,000 miles are on the odometer. DCX has "break-in" software in these cars. You will have a new vehicle at 5,001 miles. Much, much more to discuss. Take care and PM if interested.
    You sound as excited as when you bought your Mercury Mistress...

Great forums???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

That would be the one he got banned from eh?

Mod #1 - Rip out that slushbox and bolt up a T-56.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Hope you enjoy your new car.

I don't know if I will be buying the first year of any new model V, however I thought that when I bought my 05, they had the bugs worked out.

The V forum is better anyway........

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

gergerg,

problem leasing for me now, I drive 18k-20k miles per year. When I got the caddy I still had a 98 explorer. but with the V, the wifes Volvo the 70 Buick GSX and the 65 el camino.... I just didn't need the explorer anylonger. So leasing a car driving 18k+ is not a good option the residual sucks whether it's a V, an SRT8 or most any car, hence buying.

Plus, I'll keep it a solid 3 years, maybe 4.

CVP33..... I'll go look for you on the 300 forum, I'm already a fan favorite on the Charger forum with my 3rd grade humor.......

300C forum is dead. And I'm banned from there. Try LXforums, SRT8OC forums and SRT District Forums. Good guys, great advice. High Horse Performance is the vendor of choice. They just hooked me up on a few goodies and saved me about $200 bucks off everyone else's group buy prices. Good guys, ask for Josh. Take care and enjoy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.