Srt8 Dyno Truth - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Srt8 Dyno Truth in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; well, lets hope we meet 1sick8....it will be my pleasure to kick your SRTs ass....and your cars are uglier, more ...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Srt8 Dyno Truth

well, lets hope we meet 1sick8....it will be my pleasure to kick your SRTs ass....and your cars are uglier, more prevalent, and heavier....kinda like the SRT Women. (Except, of course, Mrs. CVP, shes hot)

F
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've done a SIDE by SIDE Dyno with an SRT8. My good buddy has an 06 Charger and we're going to swap cars one weekend... can't wait.

We dyno'd our cars same day back to back same dyno I think ast May and he was pretty much exactly 20Rwhp and 20Rwtq above me.

I put down 355Rwhp and he put down 370Rwhp
    I put down 340Rwtq and he put down 360Rwtq

We also took our cars to Sears Point on drag night and he was .1 second quicker with a better 60ft time, but I was 1-2MPh faster up top. Who ever nails it first is going to win the race, very simple, that's it.

By the way.... I Love my V and I Love the SRT8 Chargers, the 300's.... just don't do it for me. I've had my V for almost 3 years, I only have 6 lease payments left. Not sure what I'll get next, but things are leaning towards and SRT8 vehicle. Either a Charger or a Jeep. Those Jeeps smoke about anything from 0-60.... I mean vehicles is this price range.

The only extra perk I might have is the Stealth V programming, other than that we both have CAI and the cars are stock suspension and everything else stock. I'm just more handsome..... well, if my wife is drinking she'll agree.

VinMan out!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

My MIG-21UM is faster around the track, down the track, and at 20,000 feet over the track. Sorry I don't have any dyno numbers but the afterburner keeps burning down the garage. Plus it cost less to buy and have shipped here than the Cadillac or Chrysler.

Drift-caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ONESICKSRT8 View Post
    Hi. Im from the 300c forums. Im not hear to say anything bad or cause trouble. Just to state some facts. I was reading a thread on this website about a supercharged CTS-V vs. a stock 300c. I must say I love both vehicles!!! But the truth in dyno hp/trq to the wheels of a stock 300c SRT8 were talked about and never shown to you guys. Well here is my completly stock SRT8 dyno in SAE power to the wheels. Also if anyone wants to race me around a track, I'd love to show you what a 300C SRT8 can do. Im not saying either car is faster on the track but man it'll be close. The ESP system can be deactivated completely(not just pressing the esp button once on my vehicle). Thus, alowing a good driver to push the potentional much farther. Again I love the CTS-V and it was the second vehicle I looked at before I purchased my SRT8. Hope this is helpful for some info on the SRT8.

P.S. If your in the south florida area send me a pm and we can do a couple drag races and I have a pretty nice set of turns that we can go through to see how the cars do against each other. Thanks for your time.

Maybe i should do a search, but is the srt8 a auto trans?? If so how did you prevent the car from downshifting on the dyno. Seems as if the coverted was locked and locked in gear. Never see a auto not down shift at that low of a rpm at wot. nice graph, btw what does your car run at the track???

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ONESICKSRT8 View Post
    ... a supercharged CTS-V vs. a stock 300c. ...
    Not sure about this comment ... had me confused.

Personally, I like the looks of the SRT vehicles (300C, Magnum, and Challenger). Very bold, aggressive, sorta in-your-face-fast looking.

Furthermore, as stated above, the calibration of dynos sure seems to be ill controlled at best with very poor consistency from dyno to dyno. This means the ONLY thing that's of any use whatsoever are results using the same dyno. Even then, I wouldn't trust comparisons unless done within a short time interval of each other.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by rp64ctsv View Post
    We get banned for starting forum fights here.Its ok when they shit on our boards.
    Well then, let's fix their little red wagon!

LAM
    BO
    DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Drift-caddy View Post
    Maybe i should do a search, but is the srt8 a auto trans?? If so how did you prevent the car from downshifting on the dyno. Seems as if the coverted was locked and locked in gear. Never see a auto not down shift at that low of a rpm at wot. nice graph, btw what does your car run at the track???
    I'm sure it has a 'sport-shift' mode where you can select your gear. It wouldn't downshift then...

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

I'm in South florida...palm beach gardens, living in jupiter now though...I've been dying to go up against a 300c srt....lets meet up...Im stock except for a cat-back.....c'mon I'm thinkin indiantown in commerce park around 1am...you down?

theloanman219 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Damn nikon git-r-dun! and get it on video so we can go to his forum and post it!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Naw, come on Nikon.... I want him out at Gainesville so I can post a link to the lap times, recorded by calibrated timing equipment of him getting spanked around a road course by a V.

Wait- What am I saying? He's not going to do either. He's just trolling hoping to get us all riled up.

The gauntlet is down, buddy. If you're that confident in your car, bring it out to Gainesville and let's see if you can hang.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Im In South Florida....tell Me Where And When.

nikon is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05' CTS-V

^^we'll see south fl is big...he may be in mia...Im not drivin an hour for a race...but if he's close by theres only a couple srt300's around me...and it's all chicks drivin em the men round these parts are drivin magnums oh well, we shall see.

04CTSVFLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Csp, Nikon, We Shall Make It An Srt Gang Bang Lol

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    My MIG-21UM is faster around the track, down the track, and at 20,000 feet over the track. Sorry I don't have any dyno numbers but the afterburner keeps burning down the garage. Plus it cost less to buy and have shipped here than the Cadillac or Chrysler.

I DEMAND A RIDE! Ill even pay the JP4 tab for our adventure....Ill bring my own G-Suit and helmet.....I DEMAND A RIDE!!!!!!

F

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I DEMAND A RIDE! Ill even pay the JP4 tab for our adventure....Ill bring my own G-Suit and helmet.....I DEMAND A RIDE!!!!!!

F
    HAHA what sucks is the back seat in the UM Migs. You cannot see shat in front of you, that's why they have that pop up mirror periscope for the rear seat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.