Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Ciel Forum Discussion, Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?! in Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more; http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2...llpaper_06.htm I'm absolutely in love!!! I love my CTS, and would have only traded it in for a CTS-V Sedan, ...
    Pyromaniac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?!

http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2...llpaper_06.htm

I'm absolutely in love!!! I love my CTS, and would have only traded it in for a CTS-V Sedan, but now I think this is my new dream car...WOW! Anyone know what the sticker would be on this thing?!
    Cadillac-Ciel_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

re: Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?!

Take a guess.

The press-releases I've seen state it would compete with Bently and Rolls. So that should give you a ball-park if you consider Cadillac to be the value luxury of the world.

Yikes! I knew it had to be too good to be true. If it's competing with $250,000 Bentleys and $400,000 Rolls, I'm assuming it's at least $100,000. Makes sense though since it's a convertible and not many average people would spend $40,000-$70,000 on something they can only drive on a nice sunny day. Makes more sense to make it for the rich folk who can spare $120,000 on weekend car. Still can't wait to see one on the highway though!

For the record, I think this car looks much better than any Bentley Coupe or even the Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe. And a 450HP Hybrid is definitely the way to go!

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

I'll be the first one to disagree, I hate it. That's just me though. They need another convertible, I am really hoping the new CTS/ATS lines have a convertible option. I know the XLR was a slight failure, but if they really want to comete w/ other luxury lines they need a convertible. A high end limited production vehicle is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    I'll be the first one to disagree, I hate it. That's just me though. They need another convertible, I am really hoping the new CTS/ATS lines have a convertible option. I know the XLR was a slight failure, but if they really want to comete w/ other luxury lines they need a convertible. A high end limited production vehicle is not the answer.
    The coupe would be the most likely to become a convertiable I would think. That said, 4 passenger sedan retro-fitted convertiables just don't bring in cash. Cadillac needs a A4/3series/C Class competitor, not a half-way inbetween like the CTS is right now. Priorities first; the ATS needs to get here and cause a fuss, and the CTS needs to grow up before we can start talking about niche markets.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    The coupe would be the most likely to become a convertiable I would think. 4 passenger convertiables have not done well in the American market, infact Audi and mercedes don't even offer 4-passenger convertiables anymore.
    I would love a CTS-V coupe convertible. I wouldn't mind buying my mid-life crisis vehicle a little early

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    I would love a CTS-V coupe convertible. I wouldn't mind buying my mid-life crisis vehicle a little early
    i tried to ninja-edit, but the A5 is a 4 passenger convertible, and so was the out-going A4 Cab so I need to correct myself there.

MotownPimp is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

I'll bet it never sees production.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

ATS will have a convertible (i am told)

The Ciel is way to far out to have a price range

and I think when the Ciel does hit production it will probably not be in a convertible ... maybe (it would be nice) but thinking practically/rationally and by past experience that would be something they will probably drop from the concept
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    The coupe would be the most likely to become a convertiable I would think. That said, 4 passenger sedan retro-fitted convertiables just don't bring in cash. Cadillac needs a A4/3series/C Class competitor, not a half-way inbetween like the CTS is right now. Priorities first; the ATS needs to get here and cause a fuss, and the CTS needs to grow up before we can start talking about niche markets.
    I fully agree, doesn't change that I want it and I want it now

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

moved to ciel

Just realized I put "retain" and not "retail." Anyway, I'm still very much in love with this car. It looks nothing like anything I've ever seen before. Personally, I'm not a fan of the small convertible type cars like the BMW 3 Series Converibles, or the Audi's or whatever. I don't even much like the Mustang Convertibles. They remind me of girly cars (not to be sexist) lol. I love the old school Impala & Cadillac convertibles those were really nice and elegant cars. I doubt they would change the Ciel so it's not a convertible anymore, because the inspiration for it was the California Coast, and it's named "Sky." I will have to disagree that it won't sell. You see Bentley Coupe's all the time, and this looks much better than any of those, in my opinion, and likely would be cheaper. You definitely won't see any average people riding around in this, but I think it would do extremely well among the group who buys vehicles in that price range. I am very impressed by Cadillac with this. I don't think I've ever seen a car as beautiful as this. It has the length and lines of a classic 1960s convertible, yet the feel of luxury, and modern technology. Still my dream car by far! Too bad I would feel bad owning a $100,000+ car that I can only drive in good weather unless I own a $200,000 daily driver. One can dream though, right?!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?!

fixed the title.

the only problem with large convertibles is they have no chassis integrity.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Re: Anyone know how much the Ciel will retail for?!

The other problem is they are even uglier with the top up. I'm not a fan of convertibles anyway, but soft tops are the worst. I saw a Bentley "drophead" coupe the other day with it's top up, man, what a way to ruin a car. It didn't help the car was dark purple and the top was navy blue either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.