Full Size Premium RWD Cadillac Premium Luxury Sedan WISH LIST
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac Ciel Forum Discussion, Full Size Premium RWD Cadillac Premium Luxury Sedan WISH LIST in Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more; What will it take for you to buy the planned Full Size Premium RWD Cadillac Premium Luxury Sedan? Maybe we ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Full Size Premium RWD Cadillac Premium Luxury Sedan WISH LIST

What will it take for you to buy the planned Full Size Premium RWD Cadillac Premium Luxury Sedan?

Maybe we can start a list for luxury items and amenities, technology, comfort and convenience...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: Full Size Premium RWD Cadillac Premium Luxury Sedan WISH LIST

with me..
    1 : prestige looking and eye catching and BIG
    2 : Very nice Interior + convenience (it must)
    3 : technology (Night Vision, Command like Benz..or etc etc...) Adaptive Suspension..Sport mode, Soft mode..tour mode..
    4 : Comfort + Smooth Acc..\

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Nightvision is out. Is it volvo putting thermal imaging in the dash now? Make the speedo area just a big screen, put the thermal imaging in there. I think I saw this on Top Gear on the Volvo? Looked slick, Top Gear dudes loved it. Thermal works in bad weather as well as at night. I'm assuming by 2015 all LED lighting will have to go in (headlights included). My big wish for all cars, modules you can swap for full integration of any smart phone. If near field tech in phones catches on, axe the key/fob all together. Just program your phone to your car. Something about the suicide doors on a Rolls has always been cool as well. Gas-o-lectric car. Engine as generator, wheel motors on each wheel (not for hippie pandering, for instant, easy torque, make the car "act" however you want it to). Axe the plastic in the dash, buttons included. Can we get some brushed metal please?

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

It must have stying that looks like a Cadillac and nothing else. It also must have styling that doesn't make me feel like I'm sitting in a bathtub peering over the edges. Lower beltline, please.

V8 is a must, at least as an option. No V8 = no buy.

A real selection of exterior colors would be nice. Three shades of white do not count.

An interior option other than black, grey, or beige leather. How about a some cloth options? And I don't mean velour.

As far as technology and options, I expect them all. Standard.

And for heaven's sake, get the engineering down right the first time. No more Northstar-type "let's have the same known defect in production for 15+ years" debacles.
    orconn and orconn like this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Styling is the most important aspect of developing a Cadillac truly "premium" luxury sedan. The stylist should step outside the current fad of four door coupe with very high side and narrow windows, this has been done obnauseum by every maker including Chinese, box, a return to the proportions of the 4th generation Seville STS would be a good start. Perhaps a bit larger than the Seville.

Fit and finish must be exemplary, the hit or miss assembly of some of the recent Cadillacs must be a thing of the past. Materials must be top grade and stand up well to wear, not just fad "luxury" materials that look great in the showroom but quickly deteriorate in use. Attention must be paid to interior and exterior clearances and to the removal of flashing from molded components.

Of course, all accessories that are present in competing "luxury" models should be included in this car.

If a truly first class were to be produced a sticker price of $80,000 and up would be justified and acceptable to buyers of this class of automobile.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

V8 and RWD. I'd really like the LS3 or whatever they're putting in the Corvette at the time to be standard. If you're going to design an all new engine for this car, it better have the same hp/tq curves as the Corvette. Nothing is worse than having a peaky/no torque motor in a big heavy car, I hate cars that have a couple second delay when you floor it from a stop until the engine gets into its powerband.

Must have world class fit and fit finish on the inside. Nothing Cadillac makes currently stands up to the best that Germany or Lexus offers. In fact I think the interior on the CTS is kind of chintzy. Good design marred by some poor fitting panels, uncomfortable seats that squeak every time you enter/exit the car, chintzy feeling door pulls that flex when you pull the door closed(this is a big deal IMO that a lot of manufactures don't get right)

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

A big body Cadillac that hearkens back to the '93-'96 Fleetwood. Big body, plush comfortable ride, either a big block V8 such as the LSx series or even a cleaned up and de-bugged version of the Northstar. Lots of interior amenities, storage and adjust ability, possibly reclining rear seats. It is all about CLASS and LUXURY. It would be very nice to have a cloth upholstery option, as stated above. Personally, I really like the night vision idea. Top of the line electronics should come standard, including a high quality stereo system, not those pathetic paper cones that blow every year. Again, with the big body. It must be a large, full size vehicle that clearly makes a statement when you see it on the road. I am a Cadillac, not an LS400, not an S class or 7 series.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

^We can but dream, my friend.
    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

^ I own a 95 Fleetwood and IMO its just too big of a car for most people. If it was about 10-12" shorter and about the same proportions, you'd open yourself up to a lot more customers. Its cool and all that I can stand between the radiator and the engine on my car, but its wasted space.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    ^ I own a 95 Fleetwood and IMO its just too big of a car for most people. If it was about 10-12" shorter and about the same proportions, you'd open yourself up to a lot more customers. Its cool and all that I can stand between the radiator and the engine on my car, but its wasted space.
    I am in love with the '93-'96 FWB. Beautiful car. I want one very badly. Probably much cheaper to repair than a '99 DeVille, too. The problem is that it is rear wheel drive, which I would love if RWD wasn't SHIT in winter weather, which gets VERY severe here.

^ I got around great in my 1991 Brougham on unplowed roads of 5-6" of snow. The secret is about 100lbs of sand in the trunk, good tires, and never stop on a hill lol. Same thing with my 2wd truck, just put some weight in the bed and off you go.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

It is very possible that for my next Cadillac, it would be a new one. So it's very important to me...

1) V8.
    2) Long body (preferably over 220 inches), long wheelbase
    3) F55. Well just don't use something like CVRSS (not long lasting and costly to replace)
    4) Offers luxurious version like Cadillac SLS in China
    5) Standard luxury features like rainsense, auto adjusting headlights, heated&cooled seats and etc.
    6) Lower belt line. Let's not go Lexus.

7) DO NOT RUSH AND HAVE THE CAR/POWERTRAIN THROUGHLY TESTED IN EVERY FIELD

No V version for this.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

This one's easy to answer in one line - it should be excessive, on every account. If you don't think it really needs it, you are wrong - it does.

That's it, that's all it should be. If you list certain options you'd like to see (even assuming RWD rather than other configs), you are inherently creating limitations. All you need to know is it should be as excessive as a world class luxury division's flagship should be. The rest will fall into place.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

The hell with the cookie cutter crowed and the keeping up with the Europeans stuff.
    Build American Cars For Americans!
    Maybe there design team ( Do they still have one?) could straighten this idea up.
    1.jpg

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

we need the Sixteen with the V8 inside...and limited V16
    everyday i look at that car. I bought the Diecast from Ebay to put it in my home. It is the most beautifull Cadillac ever build in 21 century
    That will be great....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.