2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac Ciel Forum Discussion, 2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan in Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more; ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan

According to insiders, Cadillac’s new flagship model will be built on a standalone rear-drive platform, dubbed Omega, rather than sharing underpinnings with the CTS or upcoming ATS. As we predicted in the past, it will be powered by six- and eight-cylinder engines, and all-wheel drive would be optional. A hybrid version could follow later, a diesel— which would account for the bulk of the vehicle’s sales in Europe—won’t. The new, impressively styled sedan will be launched in 2014 as a 2015 model.

Read more...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan

More information on the Cadillac Omega program...

Is it being developed? Yes.
    Has it been approved? No.
    Where is it being built? Shanghai, China
    Will it be a Rolls Royce competitor? No
    Will it be a Mercedes-Benz S-Class type competitor? Yes
    Will anything set it apart from the S-Class besides design? Yes. Luxury features and appointments are to be more along the lines of a Rolls Royce and/or Maybach - but priced closer to its competition (Lexus LS, BMW 7-Series, etcetera).
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

china+ cadillac= uuber fail.
    If I'm paying $80k+ for a caddy it better not be made in china. I know GM shanghai makes some cool stuff, but the whole "made in china" stigma will haunt the car, especially considering its supposed to be caddy's flagship.
    hueterm, hueterm, V-Eight and 7 others like this.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

This is idiotic. First, making this in China is fail. But they've never even approached the Lexus LS, not to mention the 7 or S in appointments or capability. So they're going to try to leapfrog those w/a Maybach/Rolls fighter at an "S" price.

There are no words...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

I do realize there are complications with having a Cadillac flagship built in China. Believe me.. But I also feel the Chinese are fully capable of building this car. Unless I'm mistaken, some Chinese automobile manufacturers have been pulling apart Rolls Royce Phantoms, studying them, and building cars very similar. Do a search for "geely excellence". I'm also very impressed with their Buick Park Avenue.. If you haven't seen it, you should take a look. It's old now, but it's quite nice...

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

They're not going to build Cadillacs in China for the U.S. market. Won't happen. If they sell it here (not necessarily a sure thing, but likely), bet on the US-market cars being built at Lansing Grand River. GM Shanghai is the engineering lead, not the exclusive manufacturer.

Also bet on GM Styling in the US having a BIG hand in this car's appearance, inside and out.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

And by built in lansing you mean assembled, correct? Built in china still, assembled here. Is GM really going to care about the US market with this car, or do they care about the chinese market? Am I wrong in saying the china SLS was way better appointed than the US STS? My bet, GM is going to gamble that by 2015 we'll all know everything is made in china anyway, and will not care. Will they be correct? Who knows, but they'll make more money over there on this car than over here anyway, so do they really care what we think on this one?

I'm learning toward built and designed in China; assembled here. But I'm nobody.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

From a customer's perspective, it doesn't matter where in GM's global system it's designed. But I think you guys are just looking for reasons to complain with this "built in China" business. I don't think a US version would be "built in China" any more than a Camaro is "built in Australia" or a US-market Cruze is "built in Korea". They aren't going to ship panels and powertrains to the US from Shanghai when they have a massive supply infrastructure to draw on right here.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I'm glad somebody said it.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i never never belive any mechanical part is made in China. If Cadillac is Made In China. The CTS-V couple and DHS will be my last Cadillac V8 or until GM made new lac with RWD and Full size V8 and Made in USA . The Chinese they can do interiol material very well. Because the labor in there is very cheap and they have skilful with women suede the dashboard by leather.
    But. That all. Let them do the Interiol job. We will have the Rolls-royces Phantom interiol in less than 90K car

The Buick Park Avenue and Cadillac SLS are certainly good examples of how good the Chinese are with interiors.. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with other aspects of their vehicles...

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i never never belive any mechanical part is made in China. If Cadillac is Made In China. The CTS-V couple and DHS will be my last Cadillac V8 or until GM made new lac with RWD and Full size V8 and Made in USA . The Chinese they can do interiol material very well. Because the labor in there is very cheap and they have skilful with women suede the dashboard by leather.
    But. That all. Let them do the Interiol job. We will have the Rolls-royces Phantom interiol in less than 90K car
    Come on, really? Do you own a television set? Probably has electricals that were made in China. A radio? An iPod? A computer?

You want a car fully assembled in America, including all parts, except for the interior for some bizarre reason, and want it to come in at under 90k? Won't happen. At the end of the day, when you're sitting in your car and you turn the key (push the button, or whatever), do you really stop and think "I wonder if this key or button was made in China."

I doubt it. GM is GM no matter where the plant is located. jrosevear hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    According to insiders, Cadillac’s new flagship model will be built on a standalone rear-drive platform, dubbed Omega, rather than sharing underpinnings with the CTS or upcoming ATS. As we predicted in the past, it will be powered by six- and eight-cylinder engines, and all-wheel drive would be optional. A hybrid version could follow later, a diesel— which would account for the bulk of the vehicle’s sales in Europe—won’t. The new, impressively styled sedan will be launched in 2014 as a 2015 model.

Read more...
    Also, Sal: If this is true, what's all that nonsense in the other thread you were trying to convince me of about Cadillac wanting to be like Acura with an all V6 lineup? (And furthermore, why would ANYONE want to emulate Acura anyway? lol).

That's just a quote from an article - not my own words. The V8 isn't happening... I like the Acura RL and TL, anyway...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.