2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac Ciel Forum Discussion, 2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan in Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more; Originally Posted by Stingroo Come on, really? Do you own a television set? Probably has electricals that were made in ...
    nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: 2015 Cadillac Omega: Full-Size, RWD, Premium Luxury Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Come on, really? Do you own a television set? Probably has electricals that were made in China. A radio? An iPod? A computer?

You want a car fully assembled in America, including all parts, except for the interior for some bizarre reason, and want it to come in at under 90k? Won't happen. At the end of the day, when you're sitting in your car and you turn the key (push the button, or whatever), do you really stop and think "I wonder if this key or button was made in China."

I doubt it. GM is GM no matter where the plant is located. jrosevear hit the nail on the head.
    so that mean the car will less realiable like every stuff made in China. Look at the Television was Made in Japan before. How long does it live compare with the LCD made from China. i opened the Benz. Most of the Part is made in German or made in Japan. more than 90%. i know the labor in Germany doesn't cheaper than USA. So S500 still under 80.000$ and very nice interiol. And in W221 S-class or any other benz. You have a real car. not a C-Class Badge S-class like GM did with Cadillac. A upscale version of Buick or Chevrolet. What do you think if you pay more than 70 or 89k and you have the chassi or the engine of the car (the Heart of the car) is the same as 20 => 25K. So that mean Cadillac is Much more expensive than S-class. i won't pay money for buy the badge.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    That's just a quote from an article - not my own words. The V8 isn't happening... I like the Acura RL and TL, anyway...
    As does about 215 other people...

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Old thread, but lol Jim, I think your estimate is on the high side.

Rhinelander is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs Deville, soon to be Omega or Ciel.

This is idiotic. First, making this in China is fail. But they've never even approached the Lexus LS, not to mention the 7 or S in appointments or capability.
    The Lexus LS 460 really is not that special of a car. Cadi can smoke it if they wanted. You do realize a tremendous number of components in a BMW 7 series are from Cadillac/GM. Just to name a few, magnetic ride, magna power steering, direction injection system, a transmission option, and I think the AC/heater system(not sure of that one) and who knows what else. If they can build a world class dominating Corvette they can build a world class full size car. I just dont want it to be priced above $55K there volume will drop to nothing.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

I know people are against "made in China", but I'd trust the Chinese to design a luxury car, as they will be a large percentage of the car's sales. America is good and all, but IMHO, it's a great idea to let the Chinese conduct development. Smart move.

Post 100!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Most likely, they'll build it in both China and the US.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah same as the xts... chinese/asian version gets built in china ... northamerican/euro version(s) built in the NorthAmerica
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    There is no way that the flagship gets built in China. I'd bet a years pay on that one. Thanks in large part to Donald Trump the whole "made in China" problem is now mainstream. GM would make a fatal mistake I'd they made any Cadillac in China

I know the Chinese are wonderful GM customers but even the Chinese like the true Made in USA appeal of Cadillac. Bring the SRX production to the states and never makes Caddy outside the USA. That goes for XTS too. Analogy, imagine
    If Harley-Davidsons top of the line tour bikes were made in China or Mexico ! The loyal Harley riders would storm the factory and hang the CEO by his balls !

Uh, harley does it too...

it just doesn't make sense to make these big heavy expensive machines and then ship them half-way across the globe

big products like these that are sold in china are going to built in china ... get used to it

and just to be clear - we are talking about the chinese versions of these products

the harleys sold in china will be made in china
    the cadillacs sold in china will be made in china (as is happening right now)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    Uh, harley does it too...

it just doesn't make sense to make these big heavy expensive machines and then ship them half-way across the globe

big products like these that are sold in china are going to built in china ... get used to it

and just to be clear - we are talking about the chinese versions of these products

the harleys sold in china will be made in china
    the cadillacs sold in china will be made in china (as is happening right now)
    Your 100% wrong on Harley my friend. 100% of all Harley Davidsons are made in America. That is a fact that you should research prior to responding.

What got our country in the trouble where in ( on the jobs front ) is exactly your comments about outsourcing. Go back and study all these ivy league economist showing how outsourcing American jobs is good for the country. They were dead wrong and now 20 years later look at what it's done to our Nation. We have College graduates fighting for Starbucks jobs at $8.50 per hour !

Instead if being ad drone and embrassing the concept of shipping American jobs overseas you should use your skills ,words influence to fight it. It's our kids future dude and if you want to make the next generation of Chinese families richer move to China !!!
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    http://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/745512...lagship-is-RHD

It will be a V6 with V8 options which is fine because doesn't the 7 series and S class have a V6 hybrid option?????

do your own research - harley does not make all their bikes in america

yes, the ones sold in america are made here but the ones sold in other parts of the world (like asia) are made overseas

i'm not trying to make a political statement - just relay facts

DG2
    do your own research - harley does not make all their bikes in america

yes, the ones sold in america are made here but the ones sold in other parts of the world (like asia) are made overseas

i'm not trying to make a political statement - just relay facts
    Mr Rippy. Please dont take offense but your dead wrong!! Harley-Davidson manufactures all of their motorcycles in the USA 100% i own Harley's and have been riding them for over 25 years. I am a life long motorcyclist and I am surprised that you are making such an outrageous claim

Here is the best part. A few years ago Harley executives explored the idea of manufacturing Harley's in Asia and Europe but quickly decided not to as the fact that a Harley is Made in USA is part of the appeal to buyers in foreign nations. Hence, the point I was trying to make with Cadillac. Cadillac shares the same iconic American made statue as Harley and while GM is a global company a Cadillac should be Made in USA. Just like a Harley !!!

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-04/w...idsons-haryana

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/amer...merican/nFgZ8/

so i remembered wrong ... it was india not china ... harleys don't sell well enough in china to warrant a factory (yet)

DG2
    http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-04/w...idsons-haryana

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/amer...merican/nFgZ8/

so i remembered wrong ... it was india not china ... harleys don't sell well enough in china to warrant a factory (yet)
    Well, read on. They are considering it, it's not official yet. Your article is two years old and as of today no bikes manufactured in India yet. See below. Your point is a good one where a manufacture assembles in a locale to keep cost down. India is such a poor country but one of the largest motorcycle markets in the world. I would rather see Harley build that plant
    In the Bronx and export. They are simply shipping the parts to India for assembly. Kinda like BMW South Carolina factory, where most parts come shipped to America from Germany fir assembly.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...MkO_itQMR5gZvQ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.