oil cooler change NOW!!!!!!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, oil cooler change NOW!!!!!!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; never ever put a used one it you would just be asking for trouble. if anyone needs i have a ...
    contourbs is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: oil cooler change NOW!!!!!!!!

never ever put a used one it you would just be asking for trouble. if anyone needs i have a new updated cooler and coolant bridge kit for sale

tmkktm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Arrow Re: oil cooler change NOW!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by contourbs View Post
    never ever put a used one it you would just be asking for trouble. if anyone needs i have a new updated cooler and coolant bridge kit for sale
    How much?

Quote Originally Posted by tmkktm View Post
    How much?
    How much?

make me an offer the oil cooler was 220 and the coolant bridge kit was 178 so make me an offer. it was for a side job and the guy didnt have enough money so im stuck with these parts i dont need at the mment

Marks DTM Calib is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Vaux Omega (Caterra)

The guy in the ebay add will ship to the states........and that is a buy it now price.

Re-using oil coolers is difficult as the threads that the nuts screw onto to fix them to the cooling plate sometimes strip (they are a very fine thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Marks DTM Calib View Post
    The guy in the ebay add will ship to the states........and that is a buy it now price.

Re-using oil coolers is difficult as the threads that the nuts screw onto to fix them to the cooling plate sometimes strip (they are a very fine thread).
    Yea, already talked to them- will ship for $30- so that's even cheaper than the guy that beat me on E-bay the other day:-) By the way- wasn't that you contourbs that was bidding on it? I checked the prices in Germany as well- they are about the same. So good,it's nice to have many options. I'm so tired of work- 2 more hours til the weekend and 'll be finally able to fix the car.

caterashaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Contourbs, did you sell your cooler and bridge yet?

no not yet a couple of people are wanting it thou but i havent seen any money yet

caterashaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

How much do youneed for the oil cooler? I don't need the crossover pipe kit.

paid 220 would like to get close to that if not ill keep it

anyone need the cooler?

Hey guys, sorry I took so long, but the holidays are finally over:-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!:-) Anyway- here's the link with my oil cooler repair photos finally.
    http://www.rangertrucks.com/oilcooler.html
    I ordered the oil cooler and guess what they sent me- the transmission cooler!!! Even after I told the guy 50 times specifically, it's NOT the transmission cooler, it's located between the heads, under the intake, it's very small and described him the part in details. Anyway, I'm guess I'll just order the one from UK- the total for that one is $170 with shipping. Hey contourbs, I know you paid $220 for yours, but that one is the cheapest one so far, I guess you'd want to keep yours for $160, right? let me know. thanks

WhoUtink is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 craptera

Old thread, but ya'll just saved me from pulling the heads off this craptera. So thanks

WGoins88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 Catera

Yeah... most people think that it's blown head gaskets when it's not... I see so many Cateras for sale that say "Has blown head gaskets". Heck I could have picked up 5 or 6 Cateras with "blown head gaskets" for under $1000 each, but at the time I didn't know about the oil coolers.

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

GM Discount Parts has it listed for 204$ online price... shipping would probably not put it any more then 15-20$ over that price...

There was a place in IL that had a ton of them and were selling them at a steal deal of 150-ish, thats where I got mine, but then they moved and now I dont know where they are...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.