Cannot fill gas tank full.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Cannot fill gas tank full. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We just picked up our 2001 Catera yesterday, and we noticed it was only 3/4 of a tank full. So ...
    PonderosaSnakeHouse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy Cannot fill gas tank full.

We just picked up our 2001 Catera yesterday, and we noticed it was only 3/4 of a tank full. So I stopped to fill it up and could only get about .75c in before it started spitting it back out. Anyone else have this problem before. Just looking for some opinions. The dealership said they would take a look at it.

Thanks
    Chuck

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Arrow Re: Cannot fill gas tank full.

When it backflowed, did you try doing it again after a second or two? There can be air/vapors that get trapped in the tank after a long period with it not being full and not driven much. Did you give up on the first try?

Luxury is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX 4.6L AWD

Re: Cannot fill gas tank full.

My 97 is a bit tricky sometimes depending on the type of pump I'm using - I just have to fill the last bit a little slower and tip the nozzle up.

Quote Originally Posted by PonderosaSnakeHouse
    We just picked up our 2001 Catera yesterday, and we noticed it was only 3/4 of a tank full. So I stopped to fill it up and could only get about .75c in before it started spitting it back out. Anyone else have this problem before. Just looking for some opinions. The dealership said they would take a look at it.

Thanks
    Chuck

Just went and tried to fill it again. This time the gas was only trickling in and it still stopped at 3/4's full. Taking it to the dealer after I get off of work. They said it might be the vent tube.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Vent tube sounds pretty logical... see what happens!

Lightbulb Re: Cannot fill gas tank full.

Seems to be the problem lies in the sending unit on the tank is bad. Getting it fixed this friday. Hope this works.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.