Coil Over Conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Coil Over Conversion in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2000 cat and I'm wondering if anyone has done a "coil over" conversion. I need a new ...
    heavycat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera

Coil Over Conversion

I have a 2000 cat and I'm wondering if anyone has done a "coil over" conversion. I need a new set of springs so i want to know if its possible to use a set of one piece coil over springs instead. any info would help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Warez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Coil Over Conversion

There is no point of using coilover springs unless you're planning to track your car.

If you simply want to lower your car and get a firmer ride, don't bother with coilovers. Save your money and go with regular aftermarket shocks and springs.

Serobin88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What Is A Coil Over?
    Would Not Lowering The Suspension Cause A Negative Camber That Is Not Adjustable In The Rear Wheels?

netager is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Coilovers are really for racing only or rice rides. I use Intrax springs with 1.4/1.6in drop - like them a lot. Check this

heavycat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera

I was considering using the aftermarket springs but i have 20's on my cat. I dont really want to lower it much. I dont have much space as it si. I think 1.4-1.6 would be too much. As well how much is the camber kit, and what was the cost to get them installed
    Attached Images

aldi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega Wagon MV6

You can try the KW Suspensions INOX-Line. They got two versions, one with pre set dampers and one with adjustable rebound. These coil overs are for street use and have softer spings than racing versions.

The american homepage can be found here:
    http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/

The Catera is not listed there, but ask for the kit for the Omega saloon 6cyl. and diesel.

CateraMan2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2000 Catera, so far all stock but I'm looking to lower it but I don't know what parts I should be looking for, coil overs would be useless for my driving, any help would be appreciated

Stef

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Might want to start your own thread. This one's 7 years old.

CateraMan2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Cool I will look into it, also I'm lookin for a new rad, it's not necessary but I would like to get a newer one, how much am I looking to spend?

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Don't know of any coil-overs for the Catera but find yourself a wrecked '04-'06 Pontiac GTO. They're shorter and slightly stiffer then the Cateras stock springs. All 4 will fit the Catera and lower it about 1 inch all around. The front struts don't fit but the rear shocks do if you're willing to disable the leveling. Grab the 2004 GT0's front brake calipers with their hoses and upgrade the Cat's brakes while you're at it. They're dual piston units versus the Catera's singles. The GTO hoses are a must since the Catera's are shorter and could be damaged if used with the GTO calipers. Read more about your suspension and brake options in the CateraOwners forum. Just follow the links.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/f11-suspension
    http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/f9-brakes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.