Brake pad wear sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Brake pad wear sensor in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok, I give up. The brake pad wear indicator light is on on the dash of my 2000 Sport. The ...
    carjunky25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Brake pad wear sensor

Ok, I give up. The brake pad wear indicator light is on on the dash of my 2000 Sport. The front brakes were worn, so I replaced them and the back brakes look fine. Does this light also come on when the back brakes are worn or does it only work on the front brakes? Is there any other procedure to go through to get the light to go out? I guess I'll have to break down and by a shop manual as soon as I can find one for a 2000...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alvarofue is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Brake pad wear sensor

It has wear indicator only on the front wheels.
    To shut the light off you must short the sensor circuit. To do that you can use the used sensor and short the 2 cables inside it. I did it so and the light goes away.

I hope you understand me.

carjunky25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yea, I got it and it worked. Seems like there has to be a better way than to replace the sensors every time you do the brakes. Any ideas where you can get the sensors, other than the dealer?

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

eBay perhapps??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.