Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Project Catera roars to life, sorta...

Project Catera roars to life, sorta...

Since the battery is dead and wont take a charge, had to jump start it from my moms minivan. lol.
    Just thought i'd share the rather smoky 'roar' of the powerful 3 liter V6...haha
    I want to replace the muffler with something sportier but not ricey. I was thinking, since i'm on a tight budget with the Caddy (Saving as much money as I can for a z28 next year, but want to have fun with the Caddy while I'm saving), of maybe getting a muffler from something like an Audi TT, or a 350Z and hoping it would give a better tone, or just buying a cheap 'turbo' muffler from Summit or Jegs...Any suggestions for something that has a little more of a growl to it? Doesnt need to be much louder, just a better tone is what i'm looking for

http://home.comcast.net/~speedingpen...tcaddy_051.MOV

(Probably better off right click/save target as than streaming)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Project Catera roars to life, sorta...

6megs will have to wait until I get home!!

You could always rip off the very rear muffler thing and see what that gives you... Its free!!!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

It gives you a roar in-which it wasnt suppose to make

(aside from it being a cat)

hahaha
    thing is, I dont want it to be loud. What i'm looking for is a more...sophisticated, if you will...exhaust note. Ya see....a V8 in my opinion is supposed to be very 'crisp', loud, and deep...a V6 should sound quiet but not silent, more of a 'purr' then a 'gurgle'....and 4 cylenders or less (Excluding rotary engines which i have no opinion about) should be silent/almost silent, more of a humm.lol