Catera exhaust options??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera exhaust options?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing a Caddy Catera and I would like to know what are my exhaust system options?I ...
    caddythuglv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Catera exhaust options??

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing a Caddy Catera and I would like to know what are my exhaust system options?I mean are there companies that offer exhaust systems for the catera or do I have to go custom?Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Danny

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Catera exhaust options??

I dont know of any companies that make exhaust systems for the catera...there might be some companies out there that make exhaust systems for the Opel Omega or whatever its caled.....but most likely that would be in Europe and you would'nt be able to get one here for cheap. I think it would be sorta cool to 'hotrod' a Catera...
    Unfortunatly there arent many aftermarket parts avalable for the Catera...most of the stuff would have to be custom, so unless you have a shop avalable with all the tools, materials, and parts you need it would be hard to make a custom camshaft, stroker kit, or even an intake manifold. Exhaust i think you'd be better off going custom. Get true duals, no mufflers, maybe just two cats after the headers to quiet things down a little bit, but just have the exhaust go almost completly toward the back and then just have turndowns so you get a nice deep rumble haha
    Nah, i think that you probably could just go to a muffler shop or do it yourself, get a slightly larger diameter pipes and maybe like a Borla or Dynomax muffler... I think that with a V6 thats not really a performance car, your better off with a quiet but good sounding system instead of something loud and obnoxious. Good luck with it man

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

It looks like he ended up getting an ElDorado over the Catera; ive been watching the forum in that area and well... there you go.

99 Catera Sport is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well i guess that that person is not looking for a exhaust optiaon but if any one does i have an ideia but dont have the money to do it and here it how it goes: the careta is a true dual exhaust there is to pipes going all the way back to the last mufler which connects them so the onely thing i can suggest is to get that back muffler out get those two pipes cut and bend so the exhaust comes out in front of the rear tires between the tire and the place for the jack i have been told by a shop here in Chicago that is possible and can work but it will cont around 500$ if anyone does it let me know i will if i get the money to do it

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Arrow Re: Catera exhaust options??

Why do that? That would probably make it sound loud and raddy (sounding like those wanna be ricers and their banged up Chevrolet Corsicas w/no exhaust).

There are options, B&B makes a CTS Exhaust option and that probably could be made to fit with the Cateras system. Heres a link with a video&sound:
    http://www.bbtriflo.com/av/cts.html
    (Note; the 3.2l V6 in the CTS is just a larger and slightly more improved version of our 3.0)
    -
    If you want to spend the money, you can get tuning parts that are for "equivilent" Opel/Vauxhall Omega cars in the UK and Europe, this includes the black boxes (mufflers) and etc related to engine/exhaust:
    http://www.mantzel.co.uk/omega/index.htm
    -
    For air filters, K & N makes one (?), there are some off brand cold air intake models and there is this general company thats also in Europe: http://www.ramair-filters.com

Just for a reminder, I personally do not know if any of the UK-Europe suppliers parts work specifically with our Catera; before ordering you MUST call them up and ask if it does work. IF not, im sorry and you'll just have to keep searching. I am still.

99 Catera Sport is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The only reason i drive a Catera is because i lived in Europe for 14years and the last and my favourite car was the Opel Omega which is exactlly the same as the caddy, and yes most parts i have used from opel do fit i dont know about all of them but most should fit. Still I dont want the car to be loud i want a nice soft sound that gives u plesure to listen and right now the car is quiet like it is not working :rolleyes2 but the only think that i want now is not some wierd exhaust but a manual convertion
    Thanks for the info I have the K & N air filter but i have been calling them to convince them to make a air intake but no luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.