Is there any hope?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Is there any hope? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; HELP!! I just purchased a 2000 Catera Sport and love the car. Like most people that live north of the ...
    carjunky25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is there any hope?

HELP!! I just purchased a 2000 Catera Sport and love the car. Like most people that live north of the Mason-Dixon line, I am concerned about the cars performance in winter weather. Ideally, I would like to find a set of 15 inch wheels that will fit the Catera and add the most aggressive snow tires that I can find. Does anyone know of any wheels that may be interchangeable with the Catera's hub-centric design?
    The bolt pattern seems to be different from any other GM design. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Talking Re: Is there any hope?

Yes there is hope, TireRack is excellent for this situation... even though when we got tires from them last time when i was in Minnesota and we didnt have a catera... they still are very easy to equip you!

Ive provided a link... directly set up for a 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport.

Click Here

Re: Is there any hope?

I agree that both TireRack and Discount Tire Direct are good resources, but I couldn't find the answer to my question on either site. Here in lovely Western PA, as soon as the first snowflake hits the air, they immediately begin salting all of the roads. I really wanted to find a set of 4 steel wheels for winter because alloy wheels take a pounding around here. The only things I found on their sites were 16 inch alloys with snows or snows for my 17's. I gotta think GM makes steel wheels as the car was sold as an Opel with various trim levels in Europe. Any other ideas?

jealous57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I live in upstate NY. We got pounded a few weeks ago, and although the car did pretty good ('97 catera), it SUCKS going uphill with alot of snow, it will make it, just slowly. I have fishtailed it a couple times, and the TC kicks in and stops it dead. But snows do seem like a good idea. My spare is on a steel wheel, so someone has to make a compatible steel rim.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but....

http://www.wheelx.com/cadillac-cater...08036U45R.html

Other than that, best bet might be Ebay maybe?

That is beautiful!! I never thought to look at the spare tire! Now that I know the wheels exist, time to check the bone yards before antying up for the new ones. Thanks for the help, anyone know of any good online bone yards?

agsmooth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This is my first winter with my 00 catera sport, ive had no problems. I put a few cement bricks in the trunk to weigh it down.

hdave is offline Cadillac Owners Member

dude i put cement mix bags in the trunk too (120KG)!!!

i got a 2000 catera sport

it is still really crap in the winter,

me and my dad are looking for the cheapest possible winter solution (15" steel rims and some bigass snow tires) but it is quite difficult.

if any of u get any ideas pls tell me. a few ppl told me the smallest i can porbasbly go is 16" steel wheels, but those r pretty expensive also

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.