Pray that I still keep my Caddy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Pray that I still keep my Caddy in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Haha-hahaha---aaaah!!! Im pissed off now!! No, apparently it wasnt fixed... light came on again, starts rough sometimes now... im reallly ...
    Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Thumbs down Pray that I still keep my Caddy

Haha-hahaha---aaaah!!! Im pissed off now!!

No, apparently it wasnt fixed... light came on again, starts rough sometimes now... im reallly mad. I love the car, but the dealer techs are screwing me 'round and round again. I sent them a letter threatining to tear up the loan agreement, and getting a lawyer if they dont take/fix the car. I took the car back, letting them have it for about a week this time. Think its fixed? Drive it for 40+ miles (my permission) and if the light comes back on again... go back at it. NOT a good thing to do to a guy! It was perfect the first week I had it.. even made a long trip to Daytona from Jacksonville with it and no Check Engine light.

Im guessing that it should work out in the end, i got word that they are complying and that they took it to an actual Cadillac dealer to have it fixed and someones going to drive it for atleast 40 miles to see if the light comes back on again.. and so if it does you know what happens again.

= Dealer Mechanics

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jealous57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Pray that I still keep my Caddy

The '95 Mercury Villager I just traded in always had the check engine light on at highway speeds. When I checked the codes (by shorting it), it flashed EGR valve, and knock sensor (not that that helps anything). Also kinda stupid thing to ask, but are you tightening the hell out of the gas cap? A loose cap can sometimes trigger that stupid light. For the most part the check engine light is for emmissions related things (um, I think?). Have the O2 sensors been replaced? I can't say I blame you for being mad, I have only had my '97 for a week and I am getting a new windshield today (I have no clue what happened to it)! As far a a rough start...what exactly do you mean? If I am helping, cool, if not, sorry.....

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Arrow Re: Pray that I still keep my Caddy

Ok well to start with, the gas cap check was done the first time it went in for service... it was good. As far as im told, only one o2 sensor has been replaced and when i did a visual inspection under the car i could spot a new sensor on the right side of the dual exhaust before the cats. The rough start, is more like sputtering... like its trying to go but it just cant until you really floor it... then it clears out. A lil bit of an update, i got a word from the dealer, and they replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor... i dont have the car yet but lets hope this does the trick. :disappoin

Reguardless, i have a good feeling this time! Taking it to an actual Cadillac dealer (even though the dealer string i purchased from doesnt have cadillac) was good of them and im glad they are taking this into strict'r terms.

jealous57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Pray that I still keep my Caddy

Cool, glad to here it! I hope it all turns out good for ya.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.