MAF Sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, MAF Sensor in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; How critical is it if I don't change this part right away. 400 dollar part wow...Will there be any side ...
    sanchman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

MAF Sensor

How critical is it if I don't change this part right away. 400 dollar part wow...Will there be any side effects....Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bengsxr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: MAF Sensor

I just replaced my mass air flow sensor and i got the part from the Caddy dealer for only 187 dollars so I would shop around also you will burn a ton of fuel if you do not replace it also you may burn up your O2 sensors with all the extra fuel going into it.

Which dealer is selling this part for 187....I'll love to give them a call. The two dealership close to me in PA is telling me 444 bucks. Thanks for the info though about the gas consumption.

any GM dealer should only charge you 187 bucks for the part if you are going to install it.

AllenPacla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

any GM dealer should only charge you 187 bucks for the part if you are going to install it.
    That is not a factual observation. Have you been to any GM dealership yet?

yes i called the local dealers in my area when I had to replace mine and they all quoted me the same price. also you can buy it from gmpartsdirect.com they will charge you 97.06 plus the shipping will cost a little more. the part number for the mass air flow sensor is 90528435. and my catera is a 1999.

That probably is why your MAF is cheaper, it's for the 1999 model. I am not sure, but i am thinking that the one for the 1997-98 model is a lot more expensive

I have just made a check with GMParts direct and i didn't see any 97 dollar Mass Airflow Sensor. Are you describing another sensor? And in fact, the one that is for the 99 model came out more expensive than that of the 97-98. I guess you can provide us a link to the site you are mentioning because if it comes out to be true, then that's a very good price.

well call your gm dealership and ask them if part number 90528435 is a mass air flow sensor for a catera and they will tell you yes it is cause it is the one I bought for my catera and it works fine. So go to gmpartsdirect.com and enter the part number I gave you and it will come up for 97 bucks if you want I will scan my darn receipt so you will under stand that you can get the part for 97 bucks. besides I am here to help other catera owners get parts cheap. cause we all need to save money because we drop a fortune on these darn cars.

0 items in cart
    check out your
    wish list order
    status your
    account

SEARCH

Advanced Search FAQ View Cart Register Request a Return Customer Service GM Warranty E-Mail Us Tell a Friend Home

Search Results of Available Items
    *Prices are Per Unit

Page 1: 1-1 of 1 items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GM PART # 90528435
    CATEGORY: Computer Control Sensors
    PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
    GM LIST: $194.13
    OUR PRICE: $97.06
    DESCRIPTION: SENSOR

NOTE: GMPartsDirect.com carries 380,000 GM parts. Due to the number of parts available, the part you are searching for may not appear in these results. Please use our Customer Service page if you need help locating a GM part. Can’t find a part?
    ^ Back to Top ^

Performance Parts | Restoration Parts | GM Accessories | GM Merchandise | Specials | Vehicle Care | Wheels | Links
    Advanced Search | FAQ | View Cart | Request a Return | Customer Service | GM Warranty | E-Mail Us | Tell a Friend | Site Map | Home
    ©2004 - Flow Chevrolet, LLC - All Rights Reserved. GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet, LLC,
    an authorized independent reseller of General Motors Parts. This site is not owned or operated by General Motors Corporation.
    Privacy Statement | Site Policies | Warranty Disclaimer

that is the price and part number for the 99-01 catera

I was making my check through the Catalog section and the part number for the 99-01 Mass Airflow Sensor in the Catalog section came out different from the one you posted here. Actually, there are two part numbers available for the 99-01 Mass Airflow sensor and both did not tally with the one you posted. And the description of the both part numbers is "Air Flow Sensor". Somebody here could probably clarify on this. Well, if the sensor you got is working for your car then you should have the right part. This is weird because I did the search like you said and the price you posted checked out, but why is it called "Computer Control Sensor"?

well there catalog has the wrong numbers because from the start page if you look up the one part number 9193533 it is not a valid number then the other number 93171760 comes up also as a computer control sensor. if you read the disclaimer it even tells you that they can not promise their part numbers are right. so the best thing to do is call your dealer and get the most current part number then search for it right from the main page on their site because they change part numbers every so often don't ask me why. but they do. so you can verify my claim by calling your gm dealer and the part number is 90528435 is for the 99-01 catera I don't know about the 97-98 but it will save you a bunch of money.

Do you know if the 99 maf will fit in a 98. I'm calling the dealers and they are telling me that they are not allowed to give out part numbers so I can't verify the numbers you posted. ??? why is it called "Computer Control Sensor"? and not the MAF sensor.

I called my local dealer who was nice enough to give me the part# which is 19137087 they sell it for $426.68 but you can get it from gmpartsdirect.com for $213.34 and it is a type of computer control sensor because your car runs like crap because maf sensor controls the fuel injection system. but when you unplug it the car goes into a default mode. it will burn more gas. but I am 100% sure that is the right part number that I got from my dealer for the 97-98 catera so I would order the part from gmpartsdirect.com for the $213.34

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.