Catera HID
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera HID in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well I have a 2000 Cadillac Catera , but it has the stock hella halogen headlights. I know there was ...
    Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Smile Catera HID

Well I have a 2000 Cadillac Catera , but it has the stock hella halogen headlights. I know there was an option to get xenon on the car, and I was wondering if there are any places that sell OEM's or have them off a junker etc... this ofcourse would be complete with the transformers needed to run the things. ANY ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ScottM6193 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Catera HID

I wasn't aware you could get HID on a Catera. But anyway, I have a 2002 STS that came with halogen, but HID was a factory option on that car. I found the parts used to convert mine on E-Bay. It took several months to find everything as there aren't that many on there and they get snatched up fast. That's the only advice I can offer you. But whatever you do, don't buy an aftermarket HID conversion kit. I found out the hard way that it's a bad idea. Good luck.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Wow, me is surprised. Im aware of just about every HID optioned vehicle that hits our shores or is built here but ive NEVER seen a Catera with HIDs, thats pretty cool though. Then again it could be because well... im seeing less and less Cateras as it is. Although a couple Ive seen do have some cool LED turn signals... but eh.. I digress, definitely go Ebay for headlights!

i was aware of those ideas... i just wanted not to tear in my headlights and end up having them un-useable ... etc etc...

Plus, parts for this car are so rare , even for ebay!!

agsmooth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2000 catera has HIDs. I very rarely see my exact model of catera. Its the sport package that has the HIDs, spoiler, sport rims and suspension, and the interior is different.

Frosty is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by agsmooth
    My 2000 catera has HIDs. I very rarely see my exact model of catera. Its the sport package that has the HIDs, spoiler, sport rims and suspension, and the interior is different.
    yeah not too popular around here either

Cadillaction is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM6193
    I wasn't aware you could get HID on a Catera. But anyway, I have a 2002 STS that came with halogen, but HID was a factory option on that car. I found the parts used to convert mine on E-Bay. It took several months to find everything as there aren't that many on there and they get snatched up fast. That's the only advice I can offer you. But whatever you do, don't buy an aftermarket HID conversion kit. I found out the hard way that it's a bad idea. Good luck.
    Do you know if you can do just the opposite? I have a 2001 STS with HID and I'm wondering if the "regular" bulbs would fit into my existing housing. I understand that I would have to rewire it but... I need a new ballast. PRICEY!! She is out of warranty by miles and I'm the second owner. I know better, as a former Cadillac service employee, to by a Certified Caddy but the deal was sooooo good. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dave

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

HID's were offered on the Catera for 2000-2001. Big bucks.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillaction
    Do you know if you can do just the opposite? I have a 2001 STS with HID and I'm wondering if the "regular" bulbs would fit into my existing housing. I understand that I would have to rewire it but... I need a new ballast. PRICEY!! She is out of warranty by miles and I'm the second owner. I know better, as a former Cadillac service employee, to by a Certified Caddy but the deal was sooooo good. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dave
    In your case youd be better off to purchase the stock Halogen housings and bulbs from Ebay. Im sure you could get Halogen bulbs to stay in there somehow, but eh... just not worth it unless you do it right. I would imagine you could probably pick up both sides WITH bulbs for less than 200.00 on a good day. For the love of all that is Holy DO NOT just do one side, sooo many Lincoln Mark VIII owners do this (but their setups are REEEAAALLLY expensive to replace) and it looks G-H-E-T-T-O. Just find the ballast at a junkyard or ebay man, dont lose your HID lights, too many people wish they had them and would cringe to hear someone took them out purposely.

Raheinm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a question that i need help on! I have a 98 catera and i want to know if the 2000-01 headlight unit would fit in my housing....b/c i want the projection headlights... ps. i have the hid conversion kit on m,y 97 and it looks great... and what r the led turning signal that was mention earlier in here

ILL LD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What is the exact ballast that you have, show me a picture, give me details. I may have a resource.

It uses H7 for regular halogen, that is all i know... not sure for HID which is one of the problems i have with trying to find any info about what parts are. I just emailed a company about it and ill tell you guys the results.

Raheinm, on the 2000 up, the catera has re-designed tail lights that use LED's for turn signals (and stop lights?). As for the new designs headlights working, its hard to tell how much they changed the front design of the catera.

oserus98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How do you know if you have the HID or regular headlights? Mine look to be the HID's to me, but what is the distinguishing factor to seperate the two?

They look like they have "eyes"... almost like the projectors on BMW's, cept they are internal and set back farther. You should notice if the light is a different colour and is brighter than most cars on the road lol.

Here are two samples, one HID and the other isnt.. you should be able to tell.

Arrow Re: Catera HID

Hid: http://cadillacforums.com/forums/att...tid=1810&stc=1

Regular Halogen Projection: http://cadillacforums.com/forums/att...tid=1811&stc=1
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.