Catera HID - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera HID in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks JefferyG for the examples. Does anyone know if there is a certain code anywhere on the vehicle to tell ...
    oserus98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Catera HID

Thanks JefferyG for the examples. Does anyone know if there is a certain code anywhere on the vehicle to tell whether they are HID or not? I'm having a hard time telling whether or not mine are, they are projector beams but I can't tell the difference even with the pics.

Thanks

dpligocki is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport

Wink Re: Catera HID

Well the HID lights only came on the 2000-2001 Catera Sports. So if you have the sport then you have HIDs. I have the sport and the Xenon lights are very distinguishable.

Also the rear lights are LED and I like them, they look so cool, It also helps with brake warning as the LED lights appear faster than conventional bulbs. I forget the number but I think on the highway its something like 17 meters of extra warning time for the driver behind you. The turning signals in the rear are also orange LED.

Also with my Xenon headlights, i keep getting flashed although they are not on highbeams, someone told me I have to get them realigned.

The car is a 2001 and has 17 000 miles on it, is it possible they have to be aligned already and if so how would I do that?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

What color of light do they put out? if its not the classic purplish-blue that some Xenons put out, people will usually think its highbeams.

its kinda bluish, but when you drive down the street in the city i live in, you can definately tell they are Xenons cus with all the other vehicles around they look yellow and I would say that in my town only 2 percent of the cars have Xenons so it is easily distinguishable.

I know this cus im so obsessed with my car i got my dad to drive it will i followed him around so I could see what it looks like on the road! (from all angles)

Yeah the lights are definately that classic xenon color but i think in my area ppl are not use to them and they think since they are brighter than the average car that the highbeams must be on.

Dave,

fratzke7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Also if you pull up to a garage or something at night and make sure your lights haven't been on for an hour or so turn them on and they should kind of flash dim and then get real bright because the have to warm up. My 2000 Catera Sport has them,

yeah that is exactly what my car does, its parked in front of my garage and everytime i start it up, the get brighter. If you stand outside you can actually hear something its hard to explain but its a cool sound. The engine can't be on, my light go on as soon as I turn the alarm off.

i was just curious cause my catera has all the options and didn't know if the HID headlights were an option or if you can only get them on the sport model?

Actually, ive learned now you can get HID on non-sport models, but ive only seen it on 2000+ models.

""ive learned now you can get HID on non-sport models, but ive only seen it on 2000+ models.""

JefferyG, is there an option code that would specify this?

drstaten is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wazup caddy peoples? I'm also looking for Either OEM hid lights or and hid product that would work well for my 2000 caters(not a sports model.) If anyone could offer me any info it would be greatly appreciated

Were would I be able to get these lights?

If this is really true were could I get these lights from?

Arrow Re: Catera HID

I dont know , I dont know , I dont know... which is the reason in the first place I started this thread. Because I didnt know ! Lol.

Anyone with any valuable information should post here, I have found that there were some matches that came up when I did a nation wide junkyard search for headlights... I just never responded to the email and now its been too late.

So they're out there (assuming), I just dont know the model numbers/part numbers which is the true goal here... to find those out.

So right now my current status on this project is:

jealous57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Xenon Lamp R/L 9194378-9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.