!temperature display problem!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, !temperature display problem! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1999 Catera and when I started my car this afternoon, the temperature display area above the stereo ...
    lawnpatio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy !temperature display problem!

I have a 1999 Catera and when I started my car this afternoon, the temperature display area above the stereo did not turn on. I can't turn on my heat/ac or see the temp outside. In addition, the automatic feature for the headlights won't turn on either. Could a fuse be blown? If so, does anyone know which one it could be. I'm freaking out because I live in Michigan and its freezing out...I have to get the heat fixed as soon as possible. Any ideas or similar problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inconnu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: !temperature display problem!

I have the same problem once in a while but it comes back on its own,i have checked all the fuses too,disconnecting the battery for a while might help but you will have to reprogram the roof and the windows,i am still unable to find the problem if you do let me know.

When you say that it will come back on its own - do you mean eventually while driving or days later?

inconnu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

once it came on within few hours and next time it took one whole day,and i did disconnected the battery both times i dont know if that had something to do with its coming back on or not.

figgie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

oh oh i know this problem

along with all the other aligning problems i had with my cat. This was one of them.

The fix is free

Though requires the A/C panel to come out.

It turns out that cadillac has a little plug inside of the A/C panel that becomes lose with time. Mine came lose and had no A/C Function and the auto lights didn't work either. I took the a/c panel out and disassembled it and found the loose plug (located on the passenger side). Reconnected it and it worked like a champ

Figgie,
    Whats the best way to take apart the AC panel??

Found out the problem was just a loose fuse. I tore apart the whole dash first...should of checked the fuses first.

Boris is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OK,
    I just lost my display yesterday although the lights still work.

Which fuse was loose ??
    What plug inside the AC panel was loose ??
    Got any pictures ????

I'll be pulling my AC panel tomorrow, hope it is just loose wiring.

BTW, I have a 97 Cat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.