Installing a Pioneer Deck
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Installing a Pioneer Deck in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone installed a aftermarket deck in a Catera? I have a 2000 Catera and have been told that you ...
    ddobos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Installing a Pioneer Deck

Has anyone installed a aftermarket deck in a Catera? I have a 2000 Catera and have been told that you have to bypass the Bose amp if the radio you install has a amp built into it....I've easily been able to track down the installation kit, it sounds like the fun part is going to be the wiring. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: Installing a Pioneer Deck

no, you have to bypass or piggyback the bose amp for whatever radio you install- even if it has its own amp or not.

Does your car have the Bose system? If not, it'll be like installing a normal aftermarket radio.

This might sound like a stupid question....but how do you know if it does have a Bose system? I have seen pictures of factory stereos in cateras, one's that had the factory CD player an it has Bose on the front of the stereo. Mine doesnt have Bose no where on it, its the factory Cassette deck.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

then your not a bose its a stock deck its a straight forward swap.

Well NOW I am totally confused.... I called my local car stereo install shop and they said EVEN if its a NON bose system that you have to run a wire to some amp thats in the back of the vehicle? anyone know about this amp? Are they giving me the runaround?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Quote Originally Posted by ddobos
    Well NOW I am totally confused.... I called my local car stereo install shop and they said EVEN if its a NON bose system that you have to run a wire to some amp thats in the back of the vehicle? anyone know about this amp? Are they giving me the runaround?
    Theres no seperate amp if its the non-Bose. You did indeed get the run around from whoever you talked to. I got that too the first time we asked at an install shop (Best Buy).

The non-Bose system in the Catera has no seperate amp.

ok....Ive been doin some research about this stereo installation.
    First of all what I have is a 2000 Catera it has the NON amplified, NON Bose system,
    I have been in contact with Metra tech support concerning a wiring harness and they said there isn't one for this vehicle and top this.....

They said that I have to retain the factory radio an relocate it to possibly the trunk because the computer and some of the diagnostics run through the head unit and if it were removed it would lose, Onstar and other electrical features. Then I could install my pioneer in the dash via the power source and the speaker wires...... has anyone heard of this?

blaze 1 4 brame-o is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have basically given up on my aftermarket installation... so much for those W6's.... Is there a guide anywhere to install a head unit into a Bose system??? I'll pay money for real

1998catera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Shopping!

I find www.carstereohelp.com a useful place to go. Step by step instruction on the removal and I'm pretty sure they have a support e-mail address so you can ask questions. Hope this helps!

blaze 1 4 brame-o is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I got the speaker wire code from best buy... I will post when I get my car back from the shop (again)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.