Help with Intake temp sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Help with Intake temp sensor in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Check engine light came on again today as i am used to this procedure, I had it read and the ...
    beatrice is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help with Intake temp sensor

Check engine light came on again today as i am used to this procedure, I had it read and the code came up po110 Intake air temp sensor. They showed me where it is located but for some strange reason the casing covers the sensor inside. The manual shows it exposed from the outside. The part cost's around $214.00. Is this something that should be replaced soon or can I leave it alone for a while.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Help with Intake temp sensor

Are you sure it's the intake air temp sensor they're talking about? It's in the air intake duct and retails for $25.47.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Usually the IAT code sets because someone checked your air filter and left the connector unplugged.
    I think you are looking at the MAF sensor, that would cost 214 bucks.
    Of course I am a little foggy on wha kind of car we are talking about so I can't say more than that really.

Correction, it was the MAF sensor

How quickly should I have MAF sensor replaced or could I hold off for awhile.I just want the CHECK ENGINE lite off. How does this effect the cars performance?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Just because a code comes up doesn't mean that component is bad.
    There are many things that can cause the PCM to set a MAF code.
    I'd spend some effort diagnosing the car before throwing a 200 dollar part at it. Try clearing the code a few times and see if the same one comes back for starters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.