Bypassing the Oil Cooler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Bypassing the Oil Cooler in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know this has been talked about before, but I just want to be sure myself. I wanted to know ...
    big420dog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bypassing the Oil Cooler

I know this has been talked about before, but I just want to be sure myself. I wanted to know what someone else thought about by-passing the engine oil cooler in my 98 by cutting the pipes on the inlet and outlet down by the oil filter about 2 or 3 inches back. And then I have some tranny oil cooler rubber hose that I was just going to slide over the left over piping at the oil filter, and then hose clamp each end so that the oil just goes through my new rubber hose rather than the lovely oil cooler. Also could there be any "side effects" from not having the oil cooler there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ronnieb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Bypassing the Oil Cooler

Hey BIG420dog,
    That sounds like a very good idea to me. Since no one has replied, I am guessing that no one is really sure if it will cause other problems or not. If you try kit let me know how it goes.
    Ronnie

Cat-a-Tonic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

Re: Bypassing the Oil Cooler

Well, in my humble opinion, why not remove the transmission cooler while you're at it. Sorry. Snide remark! They both do the same thing. Reduce the temperature so the oil is within the designed viscosity for the friction causing parts. Any counter remarks?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.