Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am planing on changing my spark plugs and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the Bosch ...
    meyema03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

I am planing on changing my spark plugs and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs. The guy at a local parts store recomended them but didnt give any particular reason other than "these are the best" and they are 5.99 a plug. It seems like they just have four electrodes instead of the three like on the stock plug and are made out of platinum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TomCat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

If you search past postings in this forum (keywords: bosch plugs) you'll find the +4's aren't widely recommended - the general consensus is to stick with the original single electrode type - I read the originals are also platinum. Hope this helps.

Eldyfig is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)

The bosch +4s are not good for you at all. Parts store guy gave me the same line years ago. I bought the +2s. I have since mailed them back to bosch and got my money back. They weren't worth the darn for me. The +4s are worse from what I have read. For the north*s, we use the dual platinum acdelcos. The center electrode and the ground electrode are both platinum.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

miahcornell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My car came stock with 3 electrode plugs. I have the +4's in my car with no problems, but i have heard some stories....

NJ_Catera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Mine came with the 3 prong electrodes also. I think those are the stock plugs. I had changed mine to the +4, but when I did that the car started running terribly. I then figured out that the previous owner must've never changed the wires and that the extra current was too much, so I put the stock plugs and new wires in and the car ran fine. So if you haven't changed your $200+ wires in a while I would do that before I put the +4 in.

meyema03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just changed to the Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs and have seen no difference so far. Nothing bad nothing good although I expect a few more miles to the gallon but still too early to tell. I did notice however oil in the plug wells not a lot but just enough to notice on the very top part of the threads of the plugs. The vehicele has 109,000 miles so i assume just worn piston rings but with this car it could be anything. Anyone else have this situation?

cat
    cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine had the three prong plugs and just put in the four promg plugs and runs great

I understand I have a different engine than you guys. But, for what it is worth, I had the +2s in for at least 15k miles. I thought they were fine at first. But then I started to experience problems. The main problem was one of the plugs acquired a crack in the ceramic shell. I decided to go back to the north*s oem delco plug. Going back to the delco after riding with the bosch's for a while allowed me to feel the difference immensely.

cat

the catera come with bosch 3 prong and changing them to the four prong is not that big of a difference

ELDORACER is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The bosch +4s are the worst thing you can get if you look at the plug the four electrodes shoud the spark from the fuel-air mixture not good senses

cat

what are you saying

The ground electrodes shroud the spark from the air/fuel mixture, not very efficient. Looks cool though.

R-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green

those 4+ work fine for me

Warez is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cosidering that the factory plugs are Bosche +3, I can't imagine how +4 would be a problem.

17. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.