00 Sport Rebadged to Vauxhall Omega for sale
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 00 Sport Rebadged to Vauxhall Omega for sale in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I decided to test the waters while my car is under warranty and listed it on ebay. It's a 2000 ...
    CateraSport2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XX

00 Sport Rebadged to Vauxhall Omega for sale

I decided to test the waters while my car is under warranty and listed it on ebay. It's a 2000 Catera sport that I rebadged as a Vauxhall Omega. Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...spagenameZWDVW

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: 00 Sport Rebadged to Vauxhall Omega for sale

Interestng, nice job, looks like the real thing.

Apart from not a singly LHD Vauxhall Omega was ever built

hehe... true that! I considered making it an Opel but I've seen that before and I think the Vauxhall griffin is much cooler than the Opel lightning bolt. Another thing was getting parts in England was hard enough, I can't imagine trying to do it in Germany with the language barrier.

Thanks for looking! I'll probably end up not selling it (reserve is too high) but I don't mind keeping it. Just need to start a savings fund for when my warranty runs out.

Jeff

I agree, i think thats the only reason Vauxhall still exists, because we like the griffin

Two of my cars have one on them, even though it is much lesser than a Cadillac emblem, technically you have done the equivelant of taking an Escalade and making it into a Chevy truck

Admittadely it looks different, I am impressed..

Being different is good. Not many people here even know what Vauxhall is and it sounds German and looks expensive so that impresses people

If you ever make it to a breaker yard, I need a the door sills with teh Griffin emblem on them. That's the only Cadillac thing that remains on my car!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by CateraSport2000
    Being different is good. Not many people here even know what Vauxhall is and it sounds German and looks expensive so that impresses people
    If you ever make it to a breaker yard, I need a the door sills with teh Griffin emblem on them. That's the only Cadillac thing that remains on my car!
    Jeff
    Apart from it not being German at all

I'll see what i can do, there are few of them ever in breakers yards, they get rare, Ill be in touch if i find them though.

overplayed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera

I like the rebadging job. I read in your ad on Ebay that you installed Lamp Gaurd headlamp protectors but could not find anything on the them when I searched the net. Where did you get them?

Jeff

Go to weathertech.com

OpelOmegaB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by CateraSport2000
    Jeff
    Hi,

I happen to be a German and I can assure you "Vauxhall" does NOT sound German at all.

Other than that your "conversion" is very very nice.

I just started to make an Opel out of my Catterac, because I don't like the idea of driving a domestic car.

Any idea where I could get an Opel badge for my steering wheel airbag?

Thanks and best regards

Ignorant Americans like me think it sounds German...lol. It's sad because I took two years of German in high school so I should know better!

The steering wheel badge is easy or tricky. It's easy if your Cat is a 97-99 because the badge is made of a thin metal and has 2 prongs... just carefully pry it out and you're set. If your "Omega" is an 00 or 01 like mine, the badge is actually integrated into the airbag unit and does not detach. Someone in England had a blown airbag and cut out the badge for me and mailed it. I then had my dad clip off all of the excess plastic underneath and sand it down to where it was flat. I then used double sided poster tape (3M, very strong!) and put it on top of my Caddy badge. You can't tell the difference, it looks like it is part of the airbag. Now if the airbag deploys, I hope it doesn't fly up and launch into my head or eye but I guess that's the risk I have to take. It's on there pretty good and is difficult to pry off.

Jeff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.