Cadillac Owners Forum banner

op-com

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  makeitsnappy 
#1 ·
There is a "dead" thread about op-com on Catera's but I still like to know if it worked for anyone to program a remote or keys.I got one from ebay and was able to get in on:Engine (I have to choose 3.2 choice)ABS is ok,Airbag was fine (I cleared 5 codes and Airbag light is OFF!!!under 98 omega-b AirbagSAB6)you could program new keys to Inmobilizer(only if you have a 4 digit code that dealers WON'T like to give)But I have NO luck with Anti Theft or Central Door Lock.If someone have program a remote with this please let us know.

#4 ·
I think It does,it has some outputs menus that you change for different components,next time I play with it Ill Check.I think the fact that does Airbag on Catera and only cost $23 is good enough for Me.I have to admit,I have never use a tool to open valves on ABS to bleed brakes,or seen anybody doing it.

#5 ·
Well for $23 I think I'll go ahead and get one.
There is a procedure in the manual to bleed the abs unit if you change any brake components above the ABS unit, like the brake master cylinder. It calls for a tech-II to open the valves for each wheel while you bleed it.
Makeitsnappy, the best way to bleed the brakes is with a Motive Bleeder. It puts constant pressure on the brake fluid at the resevoir, then you can go around and bleed each wheel. No need for anyone to press the brake pedal, so it makes for an easy one man operation. It's also a good way to check for leaks in the system. I think it's better than the vacuum pump type bleeders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.