rims from summit racing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, rims from summit racing in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.summitracing.com/parts/kng-61218/overview/ found these rims at summit racing. Not bad looking i think and will show off the gto brakes i ...
    zigzagcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 catera

rims from summit racing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/kng-61218/overview/ found these rims at summit racing. Not bad looking i think and will show off the gto brakes i just ordered. Will i have any fitment problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: rims from summit racing

Why on earth would you order them if you think you might have a fitment problem?

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

The GTO brakes will fit under the stock 16 inch wheels. Since the wheels you ordered are 17 inch they should fit. The operative word is should. Find out about Summit's return policy and hang on to the receipt. I hope you bought 2004 GTO calipers plus their mounting brackets and hoses. They are necessary for a proper installation. Post pictures when done. Good luck.

zigzagcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 catera

Im new to the car scene. Never cared much so my knowledge is limited . I put in the caddy bolt pattern and these came uom as far as what else i need to know about them fitting im shooting in the dark. I havent ordered them yet i am just exploring options

----------

Yes I ordered everything for the brakes. Ordering new rotors for front and back in the next week or 2

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I buy my braking stuff from Brake Performance. No afilliation, just a satisfied customer. I currently run slotted discs F&R, with C5 Corvette pads up front, Catera pads at the rear (all the pads are premium semi metallics), GTO front hoses, and Catera rear hoses. Overkill I know, but I'm a nut about suspension and brakes.

You'll lose the Catera's pad wear sensors (GTO pads don't use them) so be sure to check the pads every 10-20K miles (depends how hard you use them) to be safe. Also, you get free pads with the discs but they'll be Catera pads. I always forget to call to see if they'll substitute GTO pads instead so have bought my front pads locally. But call, it couldn't hurt.

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...ake-Rotors.php

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.