My 1988 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L M.P.F.I Car Runs Great. Dies sometimes at stop signs.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, My 1988 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L M.P.F.I Car Runs Great. Dies sometimes at stop signs. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 1988 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L M.P.F.I Car Runs Great; but Dies sometimes at stop signs; but never dies when I ...
    seattlelion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Cimarron

Question My 1988 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L M.P.F.I Car Runs Great. Dies sometimes at stop signs.

My 1988 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L M.P.F.I Car Runs Great; but Dies sometimes at stop signs; but never dies when I have my A/C on. At idle at times the engine slightly decreases and increases idle at around 100 rpm variation; but not all the time. Sporatic. Seems like some vacuum leak; but I checked every vacuum related item under the hood and found no vaccum leaks. Like said when i run my A/C it idles perfect and never dies at all. I'm beginning to think it's something under the dashboard with the A/C vacuum controlled parts when the unit is turned off is possibly having a slight vacuum leak. Do any of you know the A/C system enough on this car that you can tell me what it is that will cause a vacuum leak in the A/C system only when it's turned off? The Vin is W for my 2.8L Engine.

All these parts I replaced listed below in the last year and recent also; but I did not replace them over this problem I am having now. I have been restoring the cars parts due to the milage for preventive measures for my own comfort level. I love this car so I have been restoring it mechanically, electrically, etc. I want to keep this car no matter what others think about these Cimarrons.

I replaced the ECM, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump Relay, Fuel Pump MAP Sensor, IAC Motor, TPS Sensor, Crank Sensor, EGR Valve and EGR Sensor, Transmission Clutch Solenoid and Clutch transmission fluid pressure switch, Replaced the Ignition Control Module and all three coil packs, new spark plugs and wires, new air filter and fuel filter, Coolant Sensor, Throttle Body, Rebuilt Automatic Transmission. Struts, Shocks, All Vacuum Hoses and Lines, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: My 1988 Cadillac Cimarron 2.8L M.P.F.I Car Runs Great. Dies sometimes at stop sig

I was hoping someone would step up with some ideas but the truth is that we see only 1 or 2 Cimarron owners here a year. Mainly We're mostly Catera owners and since our cars have nothing in common the only help from us would be pure guesswork. My suggestion is to look for forums of cars that use the 2.8L V6, the Fiero forums maybe. I'm sure there are others. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful. Good Luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.