Replace 97 Catera THERMOSTAT???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Replace 97 Catera THERMOSTAT??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can anyone help with the replacement of the thermostat? I just had my oil cooler changed (hopefully that fixed the ...
    joelclark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Replace 97 Catera THERMOSTAT???

Can anyone help with the replacement of the thermostat? I just had my oil cooler changed (hopefully that fixed the oil/water mixing issue) and the tech pointed in the direction of the stat, but it was way under the plenium... Is there an easier way to replace this piece? If not, or if so, can I get some basic directions? thx jc

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

joelclark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Replace 97 Catera THERMOSTAT???

WOW! it's funny that noone knows how to change or where the thermostat is on the 97 Catera. Am I in the right forum?

baddad13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Replace 97 Catera THERMOSTAT???

Well I'll answere, only because I just finished putting new heads on my 97 catera. No It's not easy to replace you thermostat. Since it is under your plenum. What I dont understand if your tech pointed you that direction, he was already there when he did the oil cooler. It woudn't have been that much more to replace then.

revin24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: Replace 97 Catera THERMOSTAT???

you have to pull a bolt that is on the driver side of the engine follow the radiatorline that point that the line gets to the side of the engine there is a bolt that holds the end of the thermostat extention to the engine so it dosent move dont loose that bolt it is nessisary i found that out my self to get the extention off u need to twist it back and forth it is held on to the thermostat by a rubber o-ring then IM SORRY you need to take off the upper 2 pices of the intake manifold (the plenum and injector runners)then you car access the thermostat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.