Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, tail light socket in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Im havign problems wih my tail lights they work but the sockett for them is ao loose that it will ...
- 07-26-14 10:03 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1998 catera
- Join Date
- Jul 2014
tail light socket
Im havign problems wih my tail lights they work but the sockett for them is ao loose that it will not hold the bulb properly all the timw. Ive already recieved one warnig and do not want another. Can u purchace new ones? I will upload pictures after my phone charges. Any help would be awesome
- 07-27-14 01:15 PM #2
u can bend metal strips in side of the assemble back in place so it can hold bulb.
- 07-28-14 09:31 AM #3Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera
- Join Date
- Nov 2005
Re: tail light socket
I had that problem also. I used electrical tape to hold the two halves of the socket together so it holds the bulb tighter.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - 1/2" Dr Torque Wrench
1/2" Dr Torque Wrench - 1/2" Dr Torqute Wrench (18" handle, 10-150 Ft/Lbs)
- PowerTorque Tools - Universal Joint Set
Universal Joint Set - 3 Piece; 1/4 Inch, 3/8 Inch, 1/2 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 19 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Ratchet Handle Set