Flooding
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Flooding in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello guys! Today I discovered a flood in my car.... It's not to bad but enough to be worrie and ...
    JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Hello guys! Today I discovered a flood in my car.... It's not to bad but enough to be worrie and the reason of it because I have no idea how long it's been going on, here in North Carolina we had some heavy rains for a pass week, in and out, so did it happened yesterday or slowly flooded during whole week my front passenger side, I dont know... my carpet and original mat are dark gray and when it's wet u can not really see it. Booth, carpet and mat was soaking wet, lucky me having a steam vacuum cleaner, I just vacuum all that water out, left mat outside overnight to dry and left front windows down, hope it will dry.... now need to find a source of my leak. Any help? Anybody had similar problem before? why my mat is soaking wet if it's have rubber layer underneath? look like water was dripping from the top, not came from the bottom or slowly leaked from the side of the door seal, othere wise mat wouldn't be that wet, maybe a little on the side of it.
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    I recently just noticed last week when we had heavy rain a lil puddle of water on my jacket which was on the passenger front seat. I remember reading about sunroof drains getting clogged about a month prior on the forum so I opened my sunroof and sure enough the front corners where the holes are located to drain water had standing water and was not draining. I just need to figure out how to clear them without disconnecting it somewhere along the way.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Flooding

Sunroof drains are probably plugged. I doesn't take much to plug them. If you ope your sunroof, you should be able to see them. Is the headliner stained?

Zl700 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS-Vsport
    You can try using low pressure air. Too much and you can blow the boot and hose off resulting in needing to drop the headliner some anyways to gain access.
    I some times follow up with a pressurized stream of water to flush hose and the flapper/check valve that is sometimes used at end of hose. (A lot of hose ends or drain ends are not easily accessible)

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

There is a drain plug at the bottom of the passenger air cleaner compartment on the right side of the car near the firewall. Take out the filter and you will see that it is clogged with leaves and other debris washed down from the windshield. You can get some of the muck out from the top, but here is a tip. Turn your wheels to the left and look up into the wheel well and you will see the drain plug. You can can clean it out completely that way. When you take out the plug, a ton of muck and water will come out.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Good idea and never thought of that as a problem area. If the headliner wasn't stained, that might be the issue. One of the easy things to replace. But just a reminder you access it from the outside, in the engine area, near the cowl on the passenger side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.