K134 relay.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, K134 relay. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am going to order a relay from rock auto to try to fix some intermittent problems. My last major ...
    2000GoldCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

Question K134 relay.

I am going to order a relay from rock auto to try to fix some intermittent problems. My last major problem is the cruise control not
    working. Could that relay cause that or the EBTCM? or something else no blown fuses found.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: K134 relay.

I can't say for sure if a failed EBTCM would just affect the CC and not the Speedo, TC, ABS, and Sport Mode. I would think it was all or nothing but I could be wrong. When my EBTCM failed I lost the Speedo and my Check and TC lights came on. Check your codes look for a U2108 before sending the EBTCM out for repair. Below is a page explaining the U2108 code in detail.

http://www.justanswer.com/cadillac/4...de-u-2108.html

Only one code and that's a P0155 for an o2 sensor. I really didn't think it would be an EBTCM, I am just at a loss the only other thing I think it would be is the
    switch itself.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Pull the K134 relay and check for cold solder joints. The link takes you to a good K134 thread, pictures and everything.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tml#post965125

Lizzys Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera!

If you are having the radio issue where it won't power on in position 2 and only key position 1 upon shutdown, check fuse #10 for the aux water pump. This was our issue and not the K134 MF relay.

Talking Re: K134 relay.

Thanks Lizzys Cat, I changed the K134 relay and it fixed several small but annoying problems, radio, sunroof and fog lights that seemed to work when they wanted to. Now that's all fixed, just trying to figure out the CC inop. I pulled all fuses and none were blown.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.