Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: help a/c (TXV) thermal expansion valve

makeitsnappy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 91 deville,98 catera

help a/c (TXV) thermal expansion valve

Hello, newbie here. Can someone give me instructions on the removal and installation process on my 98 catera's thermal expansion valve ? there's very limited space up under drivers side of dash. I've already taken 5 or 6 torx screws from what appears to be the side of the evaporater and I'm having trouble removing it. I'm I even in the right area? Any help will be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: help a/c (TXV) thermal expansion valve

Alright, just a little update on the removal and installation of my 98' catera's (TXV) A/C thermal expansion valve. I did a little research on a couple of other threads here to confirm that I was indeed in the right location. So with that and all the Catera God's shinning down on me I was able to get it installed lickitysplit! And even though I didn't get a response I couldn't have done it without the knowledge I've gained by reading the posts on this site. Keep up the good work!!!!

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by makeitsnappy View Post
    Alright, just a little update on the removal and installation of my 98' catera's (TXV) A/C thermal expansion valve. I did a little research on a couple of other threads here to confirm that I was indeed in the right location. So with that and all the Catera God's shinning down on me I was able to get it installed lickitysplit! And even though I didn't get a response I couldn't have done it without the knowledge I've gained by reading the posts on this site. Keep up the good work!!!!
    Can u share here thread links that u found here on forum.

Re: help a/c (TXV) thermal expansion valve

Sure John JJO, "catera needs a/c part", and "a/c orfice tube" Member Jupitar 57 gave a link for a/c part. I just went there to view the diagrams on the catera's ac components.