Regular to Bose
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Regular to Bose in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Question Regular to Bose

Ok being the nut that I am, ive been searching eBay™ for a Bose headunit for the 2000 catera; I found a few at reasonable prices BUT because my car came equiped with a non-bose unit, will it work still? Or do I have to do some custom wiring for it to work with my current setup. Im not sure if the plugs are the same either - hence the custom wiring i would have to do.

Lucy youve got some 'splaning to do!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Regular to Bose

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    Ok being the nut that I am, ive been searching eBay™ for a Bose headunit for the 2000 catera; I found a few at reasonable prices BUT because my car came equiped with a non-bose unit, will it work still? Or do I have to do some custom wiring for it to work with my current setup. Im not sure if the plugs are the same either - hence the custom wiring i would have to do.

Lucy youve got some 'splaning to do!!
    Why wouldn't you just go with aftermarket stereo and save the agrivation

I dont mind rewiring it, but would the unit itself work? Would it work with the plug thats in there? If not, say so please!

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    I dont mind rewiring it, but would the unit itself work? Would it work with the plug thats in there? If not, say so please!
    Well,
    I don't know if it would connect right b/c there is more to the bose system than meets the eye, they have amps for the speakers and that is extra wiring and adaptors that you need to hook up. I don't think that it would work b/c there is extra things on it.

I had a 1995 Cadillac DeVille Concours that i borrowed when i moved here for a temp. car, the stock radio burnt out and i had Circut City put in a new headunit, but the problem was they had to make it work with a seperate amp/radio controller in the upper lip of the trunk... took forever but they did it. Now being that its a cadillac and even the base cadillacs are known for good sounding stereos, im thinking it wouldnt be that tooo terribly different. The bose equipped Catera's only have the special headunit and speakers from what i can tell. Any ideas?

sjashbrook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey guy, dont try it! I wasted countless hours and a hella lot of money attempting the same--and it wont work. I hate being the barrier of the bad, but here's the why you cant.
    1st-the base system is ac delco system that has the radio/stereo unit controlling the sound input controls ie bass, treble.
    the bose system has amp and equ in the trunk mounted above the deck that controlls these sounds imput and other information for the sound system.
    2nd the wiring and the speakers and the amp/sub are all specified bose in the hardware and if you dont have matching compnents, it ain't going to do shit.
    3rd if you try to put bose in the base enviroment-you'll have to replace it all and I do mean ALL. speakers, wires, amps, fuses, everythings got to be bose or you'll just have static. and if somebody has attempted this and succeeded, please educate me cause I've got no problem with eating my words if I'm infact mistake.
    4th anti theft coding in the systems are different and one requires more than that stupid override code to get stereo working. take the battery cables off for about 1hr and you'll bypass that bs all together.

QUOTE=JefferyG]Ok being the nut that I am, ive been searching eBay™ for a Bose headunit for the 2000 catera; I found a few at reasonable prices BUT because my car came equiped with a non-bose unit, will it work still? Or do I have to do some custom wiring for it to work with my current setup. Im not sure if the plugs are the same either - hence the custom wiring i would have to do.

Lucy youve got some 'splaning to do!![/QUOTE]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.